Re: MOM Port Vale

Just got home, poor first half and under a lot of pressure without Port Vale creating many chances, then massively improved second half and 5 or 6 good opportunities including an absolute sitter for McCoulsky which he somehow missed from 6 yards out with the entire goal to aim at.

My MoM was Demetriou, didn't put a foot wrong at the back, got to everything, excellent clearances under pressure, the lot.

Second choice would be Tozer, because his giant hoof throws were the only way we were going to score in the first half, it was that uninspired. O'Brien and White also played their part in a solid defensive performance, shame we didn't bury any of the chances.

O'Brien ...

Nouble obviously finds football a chore...
i could never bring myself to slag off a player in a county shirt when he is subbed..
but if you were there, and have been for the last god knows how many games,
you can understand it... his double take at the fans was probably in amazement it wasnt all of us..
taking the p*ss now.... but i imagine he will probably start on saturday nevertheless..

:alien:
bustocromwell wrote:O'Brien ...

Nouble obviously finds football a chore...
i could never bring myself to slag off a player in a county shirt when he is subbed..
but if you were there, and have been for the last god knows how many games,
you can understand it... his double take at the fans was probably in amazement it wasnt all of us..
taking the p*ss now.... but i imagine he will probably start on saturday nevertheless..

Wdym by ‘ Double take’ to the fans, did he clap the away fans?

he certainly heard the relief when he was subbed judging by his reaction..
surprised is putting it kindly...
and I don't recall him coming over at the end,,tho maybe other reasons why..
like I said, I always applaud players when subbed, but his lack of interest is
simply embarrassing now.. cant blame those who jeered tbh..

Yes I have to agree, I always thought there was a spark that could suddenly ignite but now its just like his thoughts are somewhere else.
MF got to freshen things, Hayes' attitude changed things immediately on 75mins.
Looking at Mike's comments to the BBC I think that all the plaudits from the cup run have got to him, when you start believing your own press and continually say we controlled the game etc...its not what I'm seeing. (Still think he's a NC legend though)
We started similarly to Mansfield and were lucky not to be punished. Great improvement in the latter stages but NOWHERE near how we performed earlier in the season Mike.

southernfan wrote:Yes I have to agree, I always thought there was a spark that could suddenly ignite but now its just like his thoughts are somewhere else.
MF got to freshen things, Hayes' attitude changed things immediately on 75mins.
Looking at Mike's comments to the BBC I think that all the plaudits from the cup run have got to him, when you start believing your own press and continually say we controlled the game etc...its not what I'm seeing. (Still think he's a NC legend though)
We started similarly to Mansfield and were lucky not to be punished. Great improvement in the latter stages but NOWHERE near how we performed earlier in the season Mike.
We were under the cosh first half without needing to make a significant save, and absolutely ran it second half and missed 5 good chances and one absolute sitter. In that sense he can be forgiven for that comment today.

Hayes impressed me more in under 20 minutes than Nouble has since the Southend match.