Re: Play off chances

Exile 1976 wrote:Don't think we stand a chance. Would love us to but i can't see it happening.
The only bonus for me if we don't is the £20 Harps has to donate to a charideee of my choice.
Where did that bet come from?
If I did happy to cough up.
Thought everybody including you Exile chickened out.

Bush did about 6 times due to lack of confidence in his arguments although he would of got £50 for sure off me but no bottle.
Corky came up with the evil of betting albeit going to a charity again as he new he would loose the few arguments I offered him on.
We need a bit of a laugh tonight Exile for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry it was another crap day out.
Was planning on going but something more important cropped up.

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Don't think we stand a chance. Would love us to but i can't see it happening.
The only bonus for me if we don't is the £20 Harps has to donate to a charideee of my choice.

Bush did about 6 times due to lack of confidence in his arguments although he would of got £50 for sure off me but no bottle.
Corky came up with the evil of betting albeit going to a charity again as he new he would loose the few arguments I offered him on.
We need a bit of a laugh tonight Exile for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No i didn't, I jumped at the chance as i honestly didn't think we stood a chance of getting into the play offs ...
My charity is the Tydfil Autism Support Group.

Harps62 wrote:

I haven't had that bad a day in fairness, it wasn't a great game but i didn't think it was as bad as some have said. Mid table League 2 football..

Exile 1976 wrote:My 22yr old daughter lives near Perth, place called Mandurah.

Yeah, my 7 yr old nephew is autistic & he's an absolute star.
Small world Exile
Emigrated about 14 years ago
Been 6 times to see them overdue a busy but my dear Dad is very poorly so we had to cancel 3 weeks before Xmas unfortunately
Been to Mandurah couple of times
They live in Kalamunda about 30 minutes into the city
Like I said small world
Long old flights though

This season I very much doubt whether 70 pts will be enough. Currently, as it stands 75 pts are required to occupy 7th place.
Today was Mike Flynn's 46th FL game as manager.... so in what can reasonably be described as a 'full season' we've collected 70 pts, which in reality will probably equate to 10th place.
We are currently on track to finish 13th on 65 pts, 10pts short of the Play-Offs....so to lay down any kind of real challenge we need 3 extra wins + 1 draw's worth of extra points. In short, Barnet are more likely to stay up than we are of reaching the Play-Offs.....
Manager going public saying Play-Offs are our goal doesn't help.
We are a long way off the standard required for the play-offs compared to every other teams' form so far..... so in short, NO!

The sort of game we needed to win, outside chance of Play-offs is sliding away, but tbh if we make chances like we did in the second half in most matches, we'll win them.

First half was dire though, we literally only created chances from wanging it up the pitch and hurling the throw into the box. Second half a bit more subtlety and the odd pass out wide and we looked comfortably the better side.

Bush wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Exile
All joking apart happy to cough up £20 if that was the bet
Got to be for charity though
Poor old Bush missed out big time though
Knowing I was right is more than enough of a pay off for me.
Bush you got one correct big time but you forget the other 4/5 when I got it correct. :wink: