Re: Play off chances

It will take a change in approach in my opinion. We seem very one dimensional to me and I just can’t see us winning 4 or 5 games in a short space of time (which is what we need) at the moment with the way we play.

Will gladly be proven wrong of course but I just hope we end the season well and recruit well in the summer. Next season could be a belter if we can keep the nucleus together.

ref23 wrote:It will take a change in approach in my opinion. We seem very one dimensional to me and I just can’t see us winning 4 or 5 games in a short space of time (which is what we need) at the moment with the way we play.

Will gladly be proven wrong of course but I just hope we end the season well and recruit well in the summer. Next season could be a belter if we can keep the nucleus together.
We have to go for it, 0-0 draws are no good, we are relatively safe so losing 1-0 wouldn't make much of a difference (still mid-table) more attacking play needed.

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Exile
All joking apart happy to cough up £20 if that was the bet
Got to be for charity though
Poor old Bush missed out big time though
Knowing I was right is more than enough of a pay off for me.
Bush you got one correct big time but you forget the other 4/5 when I got it correct. :wink:
Which one of you is bringing the tape measure?

ref23 wrote:It will take a change in approach in my opinion. We seem very one dimensional to me and I just can’t see us winning 4 or 5 games in a short space of time (which is what we need) at the moment with the way we play.

Thing is, while it's true that we're one dimensional, we won 3 league games in a row (and beat Leeds too) doing exactly the same thing only last month.

I've had concerns about our creativity since last season's miracle - so many 1 goal wins and goals from outside the box - top teams create enough that missing a few doesn't matter, we were over-reliant on the success of low-percentage strikes and that just doesn't last. Having said that, we did enough to win a couple of games yesterday, so it's still working to a point.

SJG99 wrote:

Thing is, while it's true that we're one dimensional, we won 3 league games in a row (and beat Leeds too) doing exactly the same thing only last month.

I've had concerns about our creativity since last season's miracle - so many 1 goal wins and goals from outside the box - top teams create enough that missing a few doesn't matter, we were over-reliant on the success of low-percentage strikes and that just doesn't last. Having said that, we did enough to win a couple of games yesterday, so it's still working to a point.

Leeds had less attacking threat on the day than we do with Nouble and Jackson leading the line..There were big problems at Leeds , hence their manager was sacked a few weeks later. We did well to beat them but they weren't that hard to beat in all fairness

neilcork68 wrote: Leeds had less attacking threat on the day than we do with Nouble and Jackson leading the line..There were big problems at Leeds , hence their manager was sacked a few weeks later. We did well to beat them but they weren't that hard to beat in all fairness
I'm sure the 21 Championship teams who've failed to beat them this season will be pleased to know that.

SJG99 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote: Leeds had less attacking threat on the day than we do with Nouble and Jackson leading the line..There were big problems at Leeds , hence their manager was sacked a few weeks later. We did well to beat them but they weren't that hard to beat in all fairness
I'm sure the 21 Championship teams who've failed to beat them this season will be pleased to know that.
Classic from Corky again
The fella just cannot give any credit to the boys.
Just hates what little success we have.
Every one of those Leeds players would walk into our side.
The opposite way zero of course.
Nowhere near as hard as those quality division 2 sides that have proven harder for us this season.

Nouble and Jackson Newport County.
Lasogga
Nearly 100 games in Bundesliga & 10 goals for Leeds this season.
Cracking Corky.
Think maybe our defence was superb that afternoon and they never got a sniff rather than the Leeds attacking threat

Straight swop Got and Lasogga for Marlon & Frank.
That's a hard one for sure..

Harps62 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Classic from Corky again
The fella just cannot give any credit to the boys.
Just hates what little success we have.
Every one of those Leeds players would walk into our side.
The opposite way zero of course.
Nowhere near as hard as those quality division 2 sides that have proven harder for us this season.

Can you not read or do you only read what you want to read to suit your agenda ??????

I quote what I wrote......" We did well to beat them ". Can you not see that part ????????.........?

Yes I also wrote that the Leeds squad were in disarray so it made it easier for us thanks to the number of changes their manager at the time made. In case you didn't notice , on the back of poor league form and getting beat by us , it cost him his job.
On any given day the vast majority of the Leeds team would walk into our squad everyday of the week , Agreed.......but the way they played on the day they looked toothless and offered our defence very little problems.

Get your amber tinted specs off and stop daydreaming about your man crush on Robbie and read what's written if you want to try and come back with your 'incorrect responses'
I honestly despair about some on here :roll:

I too despair that you are unable to ever put anything positive about County on here.
Every time we play well it is noticeable that you do not make any comment.
Regarding amber tinted glasses too right, love the club.
Robbie you are pathetic about the fella he hasn't performed well recently but if he did you would never chip in and say so.
Daft thing the fella got more points on the MOM thread than the likes of Padraig and many others so give it a rest.
Its totally boring.