Butler
Labadie
Dolan
Sheehan

Amond
Hayes

Subs........ McCoulsky for Hayes when Hayes gets knackerd after 65-70 mins
Wilmott for Sheehan 70-75 mins same reason
O'Brien (if fit) for Dolan 80 mins....or Nouble for Amond around the same time if not

Play a diamond formation with Dolan holding , Butler left side of midfield , Sheehan right , Labadie supporting the front two
Why would you move one of the best centre backs in League Two (Demetriou) to left back ?

As I explained before to another poster. Before joining us Demetriou has played almost all his career at left back and done very well.
I believe my side balances the defence and attacking options best with the players we have at our disposal.
Playing three in midfield isnt working because we are always second best because MF keeps picking wilmott who isnt a midfielder....A winger ( just) but never a midfielder in a three

Re: Saturdays Team

Bush wrote: Neil hasn't picked a back 5 though. He's picked a back 4 with a diamond in midfield. Dolan would be on left and labadie on right for me.
Ok, first thing: I should have put Butler not Dolan for "won't be far left" because, as I pointed out, Dolan isn't a holding midfielder.

So he's picked a back 4 with Tozer in it, but Butler (left wing back, left back, maybe a left midfielder as a third option) in a narrow midfield and a holding defender (Dolan) who isn't one. I'll have to let him explain what he's actually picked, because that personnel only fits a 3-5-2/5-3-2 with Butler left wing-back, Labadie sitting (and Tozer as the furthest forward CB of the three pushing out towards DM) and with Dolan elsewhere in the midfield.

Anyway, that's my wider point - I'd pick the same players but absolutely not that system. Especially as we're more effective at defending with a back 5 (provided we have three fit centre backs and Labadie and/or Tozer in central midfield).

neilcork68 wrote:
Ado wrote:[
Why would you move one of the best centre backs in League Two (Demetriou) to left back ?
As I explained before to another poster. Before joining us Demetriou has played almost all his career at left back and done very well.
I believe my side balances the defence and attacking options best with the players we have at our disposal.
Playing three in midfield isnt working because we are always second best because MF keeps picking wilmott who isnt a midfielder....A winger ( just) but never a midfielder in a three
We'd never win a header in the middle with White and Tozer there. Demetriou trained as a striker too, his strike rate last season makes a bit more sense now, but he wouldn't get forward enough from left back either. :shock:

Other managers got rightly castigated for playing players out of position and you are doing the same.

Yes, Demetriou has played left back but not for us, and is our most consistent centre back so why move him.

Tozer can play centre back but he is a midfielder.

Butler isn't a winger.

Dolan isn't a holding midfield player

Can't argue with your personnel but used in that formation we'd be screwed.

Loyalfoot wrote:Maybe best we leave the team selection to the gaffer none of us really know all the players strengths etc. Tuesday was progress we scored..............
Maybe best you leave football fans forums to people that actually want to debate football. You are still not grasping this are you?

Some on here want me to explain my selection so here goes..

I have seen Demetriou many times before he joined us and he played almost all his career at left back....He was only played at centre half by Westley and has done very well there. He is a damm good full back and makes good runs forward and can cross a good ball into the box is what I saw when he played there.
Tozer before joining us has been a centre half almost all his career. he isnt a bad player there either. In fact I thought the defence looked better when he dropped back into it when O'Brien came off as he was organising it better.
Butler as left sided midfielder make sense to me because he isnt that bad going forward , can drop back ito the full back position if Demetriou goes forward and yeovils main attacking outlet is their right hand side so rather than our wingback being outnumbered 2 to one he would be there to help.
Dolan as holding midfielder as i believe he has the ability to do the job and Labadie is better as a attacking midfielder supporting the front two. watch the Spurs home game where he spent most of the time in the advanced position and constantly worried their centre halfs who are a damm site better than Yeovils .
Sheehan on the right of midfiled as he has the ability to cross the ball in from that side and IMO is a better option in the side than Wilmott

Bush wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:Maybe best we leave the team selection to the gaffer none of us really know all the players strengths etc. Tuesday was progress we scored..............
Maybe best you leave football fans forums to people that actually want to debate football. You are still not grasping this are you?

Init! quite a simple consept really

Why don't we 'humble fans' know a players strengths ?????

MF has been saying that he picks 'x player' because they have done well in trainning... Come matchday that player is 'dire'
Is he right to pick him because of his performances where it doesn't matter or how they perform during 'important ' league fixtures ????
Football is littered with stories of certain players being dogpoo in trainning but excellent when it matters..Newcastle got rid of MITROVIC on loan to Fulham because Rafael Benitez said he was ''a crap trainer and didnt deserve his place in the squad''
He is ripping it up in the Championship