Re: Grandstand: EXILES @ Yeovil

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Out of interest to those at the game
Why did Amond come off quite early to be replaced by Frank?
How did the replacements play also?
Certainly a mystery to me and my Yeovil supporting mates. No obvious sign of any injury and Nouble contributed bugger all when he came on.
Other than setting up Sheehan's goal?

Ugo. wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Out of interest to those at the game
Why did Amond come off quite early to be replaced by Frank?
How did the replacements play also?
Certainly a mystery to me and my Yeovil supporting mates. No obvious sign of any injury and Nouble contributed bugger all when he came on.
Other than setting up Sheehan's goal?
And the other 34 minutes?

papajohn wrote: Did I hear wrong or did Nouble make a fine pass across the goal mouth to enable our second goal?
The first goal came straight after Nouble coming on which must have distracted Yeovil on who might score.
The second was from Nouble passing across the goal for Hayes to finish off.

Other than that he didn't do a lot but the way the clowns behind me shouting "Frank do this" "Frank do that" "FFS Frank why didn't you do...." "Get back and defend Frank" "Frank get up front and score" they clearly think we have signed a world class all round football player :lol:

MoM for me was Day who produced some great saves

Ugo. wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: And the other 34 minutes?
Don't know wasn't there, but whatever he did in those minutes, if he set up a goal it's wrong to say he contributed bugger all.
You are absolutely right my terminology was wrong. In fairness he set Sheehan up for the goal and won a header. My point is that I didn't understand the swop for Amond and still don't, was it because of injury, tactical or this alleged contract clause?

County-at-the-races wrote:
papajohn wrote: Did I hear wrong or did Nouble make a fine pass across the goal mouth to enable our second goal?
The first goal came straight after Nouble coming on which must have distracted Yeovil on who might score.
The second was from Nouble passing across the goal for Hayes to finish off.

Other than that he didn't do a lot but the way the clowns behind me shouting "Frank do this" "Frank do that" "FFS Frank why didn't you do...." "Get back and defend Frank" "Frank get up front and score" they clearly think we have signed a world class all round football player :lol:

MoM for me was Day who produced some great saves
Still don't think Frank is worth a contract although it looks like Flynny will offer him one. If it is hope its a one year deal on reduced terms as I see him as a backup at best for next season.

Mr Figo wrote: Still don't think Frank is worth a contract although it looks like Flynny will offer him one. If it is hope its a one year deal on reduced terms as I see him as a backup at best for next season.
Goes to show what we know about football management though.
He takes off a speedie short arse and sticks on another tall hump of a forward, so I'm thinking here comes loads of high balls, but we then score 2 goals using the ball on the ground!

Mr Figo wrote: Still don't think Frank is worth a contract although it looks like Flynny will offer him one. If it is hope its a one year deal on reduced terms as I see him as a backup at best for next season.
He takes off a speedie short arse and sticks on another tall hump of a forward, so I'm thinking here comes loads of high balls, but we then score 2 goals using the ball on the ground!
Wasn't there but never heard Padraig called Speedy. :lol:

Harps62 wrote:
Wasn't there but never heard Padraig called Speedy. :lol:
He's certainly quicker than Hayes or Nouble!

First half we were poor and probably should have been 1 down. 2nd half was much better Amond sub was right as he was not getting much service. Nouble won 2 headers and set up a goal for Hayes played better than he usually does. Thought Collins was lively when he came on and was unlucky not to score. Day was outstanding and also were white and Demetriou.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
No Spencer you are wrong.
Go to the FA website, check the player registration bulletins.

Paul Hayes contract with Wycombe cancelled by mutual consent in the August bulletin, he does not feature as register to Hemel in August, September October, November or December.

He will most
Ikely feature in the January one for County.

Stop making a fool out of yourself Stan.

Great result today. Very happy