Re: Grandstand: EXILES @ Yeovil

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Triangle wrote:
Ugo. wrote:So what was the holdup on international clearance that made it wait until the transfer window opened?
Now the ITC can only be done in the transfer window.
If Hayes was unregistered why would he require international clearance?
He was registered with the English FA as a player with a contract mutually cancelled by Wycombe, but still registered with the English FA. He needed an ITC. I believe the regulations were changed for this season regarding ITC and I believe there was a genuine misunderstanding regarding the ITC.

The downside was that we had Hayes out for a period on a reduced contract. The upside was that he trained with us as a member of the squad and was itching to get on the pitch. The results speak for themselves. We have had Crocked players, or unselected player effectively do the same for much longer periods of time.

If we had not signed Paul then we may not have picked him up at all and be without the 4 goals.

Exile 1976 wrote:Have to say, i think it's probably to do with Hayes signing for Hemel, BUT, and I've tried looking, i can't find anything from the club that said it was because of that.
The only things i can find in print are stating it was to do with International clearance...
It was in the Argus. What Hayes himself said was that he was grateful that the club had not terminated his contract. County said that his contract had been amended. Hayes no doubt believed he was not registered with Hemel, but he was. It is probable that Hayes made the mistake. County in their rush to sign him didn't check.

As I said at the time, an honest mistake which happens. I only got annoyed at the cover up.

Triangle wrote: He was registered with the English FA as a player with a contract mutually cancelled by Wycombe, but still registered with the English FA. He needed an ITC. I believe the regulations were changed for this season regarding ITC and I believe there was a genuine misunderstanding regarding the ITC.

The downside was that we had Hayes out for a period on a reduced contract. The upside was that he trained with us as a member of the squad and was itching to get on the pitch. The results speak for themselves. We have had Crocked players, or unselected player effectively do the same for much longer periods of time.

If we had not signed Paul then we may not have picked him up at all and be without the 4 goals.
Yes. But he is a registered player and couldn't play because somebody at Newport County did not know the regulations. My understanding is that he was registered with with Hemel. I don't see why Hayes would have thanked County for not cancelling his contract if he hadn't misled County.

So if your contention is correct County's behaviour is worse. Not only has someone failed to do their job properly, not only have the club misled the supporters on this, but in addition they have tried to pass some of the blame on an entirely innocent party.

Finally you are quite right about the signing of Hayes potentially being a good thing. Unfortunately this is a nuanced argument about accountability. Not about the merits of Paul Hayes.

Edit.

I should point out that I don't think that the third limb, that is Newport County AFC trying to pass some of the blame onto Paul Hayes as an innocent third party is true. I merely say that if Triangle's contention is true that would be the case.

The websites of Hemel Hempstead FC, the official Vanarama National League, Transfermarkt.com, Wikipedia, soccerbase.com and others all have Paul signing for Hemel Hempstead on 22nd September 2017. We could all be making fools of ourselves and Spencer might be right in that Newport County have behaved worse than I thought.

However I believe that it is Triangle who is wrong. As ever I leave it to the discerning readers of this board to make their own minds up. :grin:

Hayes scored 4 goals marvellous but too say if he wasn't there we would be 4 goals less is incorrect.
The first from Butler was going in and scalped Hayes on the way.
OB's shot was also going in and sure a decent centre forward in the same position would of scored the others eg Padraig.
Heard he was non existant yesterday until the 94th minute but it doesn't matter one bit.
Big Frank scored a superb hat trick against Chesterfield but now the majority on here think he is crap.
Paul fails to score in next few games and sure he will get the same grief.
Its a forum and that's what happens

Blackandamber wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Seriously give it up triangle
Nobody waits 3 months for iNternational clearance
County and Hayes cocked up
It's history now though
Regan Poole had to wait months before he had international clearance to play for Man U.

That was down to schoolboy forms as well that the welsh FA were holding onto for some reason , not just Internatioanal clearance

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Have to say, i think it's probably to do with Hayes signing for Hemel, BUT, and I've tried looking, i can't find anything from the club that said it was because of that.
The only things i can find in print are stating it was to do with International clearance...
It was in the Argus. What Hayes himself said was that he was grateful that the club had not terminated his contract. County said that his contract had been amended. Hayes no doubt believed he was not registered with Hemel, but he was. It is probable that Hayes made the mistake. County in their rush to sign him didn't check.

As I said at the time, an honest mistake which happens. I only got annoyed at the cover up.
Surely he'd have had to sign the registration papers? I find it difficult to believe a player that's been registered by about 15 clubs over his career isn't aware of whether he is registered by his current club or not.

neilcork68 wrote:maybe he thought that because he hadnt played a league game for Hemel it didnt count ?
If it is the case, it's very naive of someone that's so experienced around this level. He wouldn't be eligible to play until his registration was confirmed. Surely, he'd have to be aware of it.

The only thing I can think of is that by the time his registration had been confirmed, he'd already left Hemel Hempstead (I have no idea how long it takes). Perhaps that explains the missing registration others have mentioned.

neilcork68 wrote:maybe he thought that because he hadnt played a league game for Hemel it didnt count ?

That I suspect is true. Another possibility is that he thought it didn't apply between League and non league. Then again he may have signed and forgotten/overlooked the fact.

However in my desire for openness if only Newport County had said right at the beginning. 'We have signed Paul Hayes. Unfortunately do to his prior registration he won't be able to play until January. However he can help develop the young talent at the club and play in training games giving our defenders much needed practise and come the new year he will be all ready to go and firing during the final months of the season.

That's the trouble with secrecy. It becomes an end in itself. A bunker atmosphere develops and you cover up the truth even when it causes no hardship.

Triangle wrote:The FA say he wasn’t registered with Hemel Hempstead. FACT.

End of discussion.

When January came around the club were happy to have received the transfer certicate . That is the ITC that there was a problem with. The facts are the facts.
As I said if you are right the behaviour of Newport County was worse than I had believed. However As a you don't seem to be able to spell certificate and secondly 'That is the ITC that there was a problem with.' makes no grammatical sense whatsoever, I have my doubts.

I suppose all the bodies cited by me above could be wrong but on balance I think it unlikely.

By the way spelling out words in capitals is regarded as shouting. Also writing 'End of discussion.' makes you sound arrogant. Spencer in Bermuda has spoken and everyone can now stop debating matters. You think?