Re: Grandstand: EXILES @ Yeovil

Cornish Exile wrote:Stan accuses someone of arrogance!!!
Yes.

Please try finding a post where I have said that my word is final and nobody is entitled to disagree.

By the way Triangle is basing his entire argument on the fact that there is no mention of player registration by Hayes at Hemel Hempstead in September 2017. Like others I was somewhat perplexed by this but as I pointed out because of the dates it may be that by the time the information was to be published it was already out of date.

Another and perhaps more likely explanation is that Paul Hayes had his contract paid up on August 29 2017. However that does not preclude two further possibilities. Either Wycombe held on to Paul's registration and he joined Hemel merely to get fit or, just as likely, Wycombe transferred him to Hemel on 22 September. The list of players transferred does not appear on this list. A fact the Bermudan genius seems to have overlooked.

Also there is provision in the regulations incorporated in both the English FA and Welsh FA rules that an International Clearance Certificate can only be withheld if a) The player has failed to fulfil his contractual obligations or b There is a dispute between the two clubs. Further there is provision for a Certificate to be issued if the ITC is withheld and neither of the two reasons above apply. And neither a) nor b) supra apply.

Therefore if Triangle is right then the Welsh FA, the English FA and Newport County AFC must have all conspired in a shoddy little conspiracy to shaft Paul Hayes and Newport County. All three would be in breach of European Union Law on freedom of trade and free movement of people, and of FIFA regulations. And a point Triangle doesn't seem able to engage, in blaming Paul Newport County would be casting aspersions on a totally innocent party and thus behaving in a far worse manner.

So Spencer doesn't know the law, doesn't understand the regulations, doesn't comprehend the difference between player registration and player transfer, and confuses the two. He then states that the conversation is at an end, that what he says is FACT {Spencer's emphasise) And that I and presumably anyone else who disagrees with him is a fool.

Tell me Cornish, what is your definition of arrogance? Oh and by the way I don't know what the facts are, I merely want to know the truth. I can set out my arguments as to what I believe to be the truth and enjoy reading any sensible person whom wants to put an alternative argument.

Harps62 wrote:
For goodness sake Cornish.
Get real
Somebody states "end of discussion " on a forum and you are happy with that.
Makes you a total plonker. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now now Harps. Much as I hate to admit it factually, Cornish is right. For myself I prefer to think that the three exclamation marks are not because Cornish is a total plonker but because he is amazed that I have refrained from calling our triangular friend a fool and blackguard, a blundering imbecile and a total bounder.

Then again, :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Yes.

Please try finding a post where I have said that my word is final and nobody is entitled to disagree.

By the way Triangle is basing his entire argument on the fact that there is no mention of player registration by Hayes at Hemel Hempstead in September 2017. Like others I was somewhat perplexed by this but as I pointed out because of the dates it may be that by the time the information was to be published it was already out of datet.
Sorry Stan, the facts are the facts. No speculation required. Go look at all the documents, re read this thread. You appear to be missing the facts and approaching this with bias. You are wrong quite simply, accept it like a grown up and move on.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Yes.

By the way Triangle is basing his entire argument on the fact that there is no mention of player registration by Hayes at Hemel Hempstead in September 2017. Like others I was somewhat perplexed by this but as I pointed out because of the dates it may be that by the time the information was to be published it was already out of date.

Another and perhaps more likely explanation is that Paul Hayes had his contract paid up on August 29 2017. However that does not preclude two further possibilities. Either Wycombe held on to Paul's registration and he joined Hemel merely to get fit or, just as likely, Wycombe transferred him to Hemel on 22 September. The list of players transferred does not appear on this list. A fact the Bermudan genius seems to have overlooked.

Also there is provision in the regulations incorporated in both the English FA and Welsh FA rules that an International Clearance Certificate can only be withheld if a) The player has failed to fulfil his contractual obligations or b There is a dispute between the two clubs. Further there is provision for a Certificate to be issued if the ITC is withheld and neither of the two reasons above apply. And neither a) nor b) supra apply.

Therefore if Triangle is right then the Welsh FA, the English FA and Newport County AFC must have all conspired in a shoddy little conspiracy to shaft Paul Hayes and Newport County. All three would be in breach of European Union Law on freedom of trade and free movement of people, and of FIFA regulations. And a point Triangle doesn't seem able to engage, in blaming Paul Newport County would be casting aspersions on a totally innocent party and thus behaving in a far worse manner.

So Spencer doesn't know the law, doesn't understand the regulations, doesn't comprehend the difference between player registration and player transfer, and confuses the two. He then states that the conversation is at an end, that what he says is FACT {Spencer's emphasise) And that I and presumably anyone else who disagrees with him is a fool.

Tell me Cornish, what is your definition of arrogance? Oh and by the way I don't know what the facts are, I merely want to know the truth. I can set out my arguments as to what I believe to be the truth and enjoy reading any sensible person whom wants to put an alternative argument.
My definition of arrogance;- a sense of self- importance..

Triangle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Yes.

By the way Triangle is basing his entire argument on the fact that there is no mention of player registration by Hayes at Hemel Hempstead in September 2017. Like others I was somewhat perplexed by this but as I pointed out because of the dates it may be that by the time the information was to be published it was already out of datet.
Sorry Stan, the facts are the facts. No speculation required. Go look at all the documents, re read this thread. You appear to be missing the facts and approaching this with bias. You are wrong quite simply, accept it like a grown up and move on.
Nobody on these boards would ever say I was Gavin's greatest fan. However I don't think he is a disreputable man. If your assertion is correct then he has deliberately blamed, at least in part Paul Hayes, for doing something Paul is entirely innocent of. I just don't think Gavin would do that.

However I am aware of what is known as confirmation bias. I have set out all the possible scenario, looked at all the regulations
and set them out. For reasons I have given people can make up their own minds. All I have seen from you is you saying that you are right. You don't answer any of the difficulties your argument contains. Frankly you are just rude.

A fact is a fact an opinion carries only as much weight as can be supported by evidence. Your view is an opinion. If you can't back your arguments up with anything other than 'I am right, FACT' then my opinion is you're not worth listening to.

excessbee wrote:Hmm... After five pages of discussion on yesterday's match, we have now added three more on the subject of Paul Hayes' registration for the club, fuelled by those not at the game. Any chance of a return to the thread title?
Sorry guys and girls. Didn’t like someone saying the club were lying about the ITC, when it was the actual reason.

Moved on now, no need for further comment on it by me.

Exile 1976 wrote:So it looks like he was not granted permission to play for Hemel either..
The article is dated 27 September. The only red tape there could have been is that Paul Hayes was registered still with Wycombe, Although Triangle wishes it otherwise if it is a problem with ITC the regulations only permit a hold up where a) The player has not fulfilled his contracted obligations or b) there is a dispute between the clubs. In the case of a free agent there can't be a dispute between the clubs. So was Paul Hayes still contracted to Wycombe, in which case it wasn't ITC? Was he contracted to Hemel? In which case it wasn't ITC. Or did the Wesh and English FA conspire to break the FIFA regulations, not to mention European Union Law, see Bosman? and Newport County simply let them?

I can't believe option three. as it is presently put by the club. Options one and two would have been solved had County done their job properly.

Reading between the lines, there is another possibility. Hayes walked out on Wycombe. Being in breach of contract Wycombe let him go in the same way as County let go Kevin Feely. However when a month later Hayes signed for County Wycombe held up the international clearance as per b). Had County checked then this would have come to light. County didn't. It does beg the question why come the opening of the window he became available. Usually payment of cold hard cash smooths this out.

If this is true, it doesn't alter the fact County lied to the fans. It doesn't alter the fact that the club failed to make rudimentary checks. In his efforts to uphold the honour as he sees it Triangle may inadvertently have exposed the truth which is even worse than I had presumed. To be clear I still think it more likely that Hayes was either transferred to Hemel or remained on Wycombe's books but that final option does fit the known facts.