Re: consider yourselves told !

Percy plunkett wrote:My worry is if the management don't want the players to sit back and park the bus,why are they still doing it.Surely the three of them should demand they keep doing the things that got us the lead in the first place.Are we to think that the players do their own thing regardless of what MF and co want.
Absolutely, it's not as if every team we play up their game 200% when we go ahead and push us back to the edge of our box for the remainder of the game.

Good to see that it didn't happen on Saturday whatever the reason it has previously.

So if it doesn’t bother him why did he say he needs to get it off his chest surely if he wasn’t bothered he wouldn’t be thinking about it. Do we have a media officer as some of Mike’s comments are worrying “he’s a weird kid” - reference to Willmott, “he’s not the brightest”- reference to Nouble and “put these rumours to bed it’s a mix up with international clearance not he’s signed for someone else”- reference to Hayes just three examples surely our media officer should be supporting him with his statements as it’s not as though someone has jumped out of a bush with questions for him

Mr Figo wrote:Didn't one of the directors say at the last open meeting about this message board and how the club effectively ignore it and the comments made on it as they cannot control it. Not sure that is the case....
I think he was asked by someone who should have known better, why the club didn't control what appeared on the Message Board.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Didn't one of the directors say at the last open meeting about this message board and how the club effectively ignore it and the comments made on it as they cannot control it. Not sure that is the case....
I think he was asked by someone who should have known better, why the club didn't control what appeared on the Message Board.
If the directors of Newport County were to make decisions on the basis of what is said on this board they would be completely mad. They have been elected to run the club and as such they have firstly a knowledge of the facts and secondly if the contributors on this board get something wrong it doesn't matter it does if the club do.

However if the directors choose to ignore the views expressed on this board likewise they are completely mad. If I had a big case I would discuss it with colleagues, I would listen to their views and advice. I would make the decisions and I would succeed or fail on those decisions.

There is a difference between not being bound by the views of others and ignoring others.