Re: Cov

SULLY34 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Cov1 wrote: This incident was played down back here, didn’t realise it went on for that long? How many were involved then?
Difficult to see from where we were stood on the platform but there were no more than 15 County idiots in various states of involvement and hanging around the edge of the group - they were instigating, most of the Coventry fans were just trying to go home. Couldn't really see how many Cov fans were behind police line as we were more interested in not being near it, though it didn't seem like that many from the big group of fans were responding.

Went on for a bit, we were at the top of the away end so took a while to get out and walk around to the station - it had already started by then and there was "something" going on for 10 mins after that, people chucking things over (and at) the police and various bits of "fight dancing" and posturing with very sporadic actual violence once the first couple of minutes were over as the police were right there.
From what I saw whilst sat on the supporters coach, it was the Coventry fans instigating it.
Interesting, and if it hadn't been the same faces from every other bit of trouble I've seen with County in the past 5 years then that might have been more relevant. As it was they were probably looking for it.

SJG99 I was sat on the coach and could see everything. Coventry fans kept on and on. Not condoning our fans but it's totally relevant in my opinion. The Coventry fans were most definitely not trying to go home.

Cov1 wrote:
Oh wow ok, proper Cov supporting town Rugby, be it a few Leicester crept in the last few years lol....
Had quite a few good nights out in Rugby in the early 90s as my ex was from there. She always maintained they hated people from Cov!
My 2nd ever football match was at Highfield Road as a 10 year old in 83/84. Junior club I was playing for ran an end of season trip there. Can't remember who they played but I've still got the Coventry away shirt my dad bought me in the club shop. Bit tight on me now though :lol:

SULLY34 wrote:SJG99 I was sat on the coach and could see everything. Coventry fans kept on and on. Not condoning our fans but it's totally relevant in my opinion. The Coventry fans were most definitely not trying to go home.
Well, 99% of them were, but clearly a few weren't...

skyblue68 wrote:Hi guys looking forward to our trip tomorrow,How is your pitch faring up with the weather? Any doubts about it being off?
Some heavy showers yesterday. Persistent rain forecast throughout the day from approx 11:00. There was a postponement some weeks back due to continued rain but there had been a frost overnight possibly hampering the drainage.

reebok0165 wrote:
skyblue68 wrote:Hi guys looking forward to our trip tomorrow,How is your pitch faring up with the weather? Any doubts about it being off?
Some heavy showers yesterday. Persistent rain forecast throughout the day from approx 11:00. There was a postponement some weeks back due to continued rain but there had been a frost overnight possibly hampering the drainage.
Bone dry here at the moment , and sun is out .
No chance this will be called off ! :roll: