Cov

Evening all

Looking forward to my first (for many others too) visit to Rodney Parade next week.

Can’t seem to find too much on the best places to go for a good beer etc so any help be much appreciated. Will be travelling in by train if that makes a difference.

Cheers

#PUSB

Re: Cov

Yeh saw that, ok cheers. Anywhere particularly worth a visit or popular with away fans?

Expecting a tough game with your impressive home record, should be a decent bank holiday crowd hopefully.

Depends what you’re after. No end of ubiquitous Wetherspoon-type places if you want a cheap pint and aren’t fussed about the company. :wink:

If you’re a tad more discerning, then there’s always a warm welcome and excellent food at The Murenger (an architecturally-pleasing Sam Smith’s pub), and immediately over the road from there is Tiny Rebel (craft beer etc). Both are very good indeed and are en-route between station and ground.

Meynhewch eich teith / enjoy your trip!

penycwm county wrote:Train station is in the town/city centre, a good range of pubs in the vicinity, RP is a good 20 min walk for the centre, have a good time (not too good though)
It's a ten minute walk tops, not even that.

Mr Gallipoli wrote:
penycwm county wrote:Train station is in the town/city centre, a good range of pubs in the vicinity, RP is a good 20 min walk for the centre, have a good time (not too good though)
Blimey.
No idea where the good 20 minutes came from.
Come out of the station, cross the road and take your pick.
Thought the Lamb was a designated away pub.
Cambrian Road or High Street.
Ask for the Potters maybe.
Bit further down into town.

Nice one lads, much appreciated. U lot still have an outside chance of a playoff place so could make for an interesting game.

Be my first time in Wales for years :bounce:

First time we played at yours for nearly 60 years...

Mr Gallipoli wrote:
you have never seen me walk !!

Cov1 wrote:Nice one lads, much appreciated. U lot still have an outside chance of a playoff place so could make for an interesting game.

Just don't bring those little chavs who decided to lob traffic cones at us at your place !!!!
They may come unstuck ......

Enjoy your day , Cov

Yeh heard about that, no doubt will be a representation of the Stone Islanders etc but they generally stay closer to home, depends which mix turn up although it’s normally the younger lot that get excited.

Hopefully will be a decent away following, I’d expect there to be around up to 1500 for this one.

Hi Cov, as Harps says, the Lamb is the designated away pub as I know to my cost. Got thrown out of there a few years back, wearing my County top. Genuinely didn't know that it was the away pub. A few friends at the time thought it was hilarious. :oops: it's about 300 yards from the entrance to the train station. RP is probably 10/12 minute walk onwards from there.

Has The Lamb closed (again)? That always seemed to have a cluster of away fans. I loathed the place when I was a young stag but it had grown on me lately (right up until it shut).
Last edited by JonD on March 19th, 2018, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pembsexile wrote:Hi Cov, as Harps says, the Lamb is the designated away pub as I know to my cost. Got thrown out of there a few years back, wearing my County top. Genuinely didn't know that it was the away pub. A few friends at the time thought it was hilarious. :oops: it's about 300 yards from the entrance to the train station. RP is probably 10/12 minute walk onwards from there.
Brilliant cheers for that - lol funny story. I looked at the Away Grounds Guide but tbh it’s fairly useless for some destinations and it doesn’t say enough about Newport.

JonD wrote:Has The Lamb closed (again)? That always seemed to have a cluster of away fans. I loathed the place when I was a young stag but it had grown on me lately (right up until it shut).
Last I heard Jon, it was being run and owned by one of the Dragons players. That was about a year ago. It might well be closed now. If it is, sorry Cov, I have given you wrong info'.

Cov1 wrote:Nice one lads, much appreciated. U lot still have an outside chance of a playoff place so could make for an interesting game.

First time we played at yours for nearly 60 years...

Don't forget your passport :mrgreen: