Re: Cov

Justanordinaryfan wrote: Both our recent pre season fixtures have been at SP. A midweek victory and a weekend defeat, both 2nillers I think?
Yeah, Argus lied to me about the first one in 2014, originally planned for RP but moved (we won 1-0): http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... _friendly/

But even Cov's wiki page lists it as being played at, ahem, "Newport International Sports Village": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%8 ... .C._season

Blackandamber wrote: No the Church House was on the right just after the turn to the sea wall and the Lighthouse. Back in the 70s half the Statistics Office went there Friday lunchtime for a few pints of SA or Dark. Served decent food as well. Has plenty of character.
And the other half were either in the Stonehouse or the office bar (RIP circa 2001). :lol: Went to the Church House a few times in the early 2000s when the Office Fun Run went that way too before they shifted it up to Whiteheads.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Cov1 wrote:
What’s the policing like down there? Are they low key or in your face?
I think they have a good reputation amongst away fans.
They'll probably be a bit higher profile after the usual County nobheads tried to kick stuff off in the car park outside the Ricoh earlier in the season.

SJG99 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Cov1 wrote:
What’s the policing like down there? Are they low key or in your face?
I think they have a good reputation amongst away fans.
They'll probably be a bit higher profile after the usual County nobheads tried to kick stuff off in the car park outside the Ricoh earlier in the season.

Yeah, probably. Hopefully not heavy handed though.
I was just coming out of the stadium when that happened, didn't seem much just a few handbags (well, traffic cones)..

Amber Nation wrote:
Cov1 wrote:
Amber Nation wrote:The Classroom in Lutterworth is excellent :-)
It is indeed, how you know it? :lol:
Rugby exile :grin:
Oh wow ok, proper Cov supporting town Rugby, be it a few Leicester crept in the last few years lol....

Hi Exiles another Cov fan here coming next week from Weston super mare,All the trains over have turned into buses now,Not sure why.
So its a bus all the way for me changing at Bristol.
Hope to have a few beers and a good chat with you all too.

The lamb has to be home to the worst pint in Wales. Stay well clear. 6 of us went in there on a Saturday afternoon just before Christmas. All ordered different drinks and all left them. Lad behind the bar couldn’t give a toss.

big baz wrote:The lamb has to be home to the worst pint in Wales. Stay well clear. 6 of us went in there on a Saturday afternoon just before Christmas. All ordered different drinks and all left them. Lad behind the bar couldn’t give a toss.
I'm sure the Lamb is shut again ? A couple of the Dragons rugby players were running it for a while , but I'm sure it didn't work out and it closed ?
It may have opened for the Spurs game as a "pop up" but don't think it's reopened since .
Shame , as it's a good little pub .

Still ..... plenty of options for The Sky Blues boys when they travel down . Depends how the 5/0 approach it though .

Exile 1976 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
I was just coming out of the stadium when that happened, didn't seem much just a few handbags (well, traffic cones)..
I was stood at the Arena train station, and it was a lot more than handbags, with two sets of fans and the police involved in running battles, and it was going on for a good 10-15 minutes. Same idiots as got a hiding in Portsmouth when they underestimated the number of people in the Milton Arms a couple of years before too, that time when some other County "fans" jumped out of the back door of a couple of passing coaches to join in.

Corpaboy wrote:
big baz wrote:The lamb has to be home to the worst pint in Wales. Stay well clear. 6 of us went in there on a Saturday afternoon just before Christmas. All ordered different drinks and all left them. Lad behind the bar couldn’t give a toss.
I'm sure the Lamb is shut again ? A couple of the Dragons rugby players were running it for a while , but I'm sure it didn't work out and it closed ?
It may have opened for the Spurs game as a "pop up" but don't think it's reopened since .
Shame , as it's a good little pub .

Still ..... plenty of options for The Sky Blues boys when they travel down . Depends how the 5/0 approach it though .
The Lamb was open for business Saturday.

Think problem in the last 18 months has been that the Lewis Evans & mate project just appeared a play thing for them, completely out of their depth with regards running a pub.

Seemed ok Saturday, pint was ok, although a tad quiet for an international night.

SJG99 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
I was stood at the Arena train station, and it was a lot more than handbags, with two sets of fans and the police involved in running battles, and it was going on for a good 10-15 minutes. Same idiots as got a hiding in Portsmouth when they underestimated the number of people in the Milton Arms a couple of years before too, that time when some other County "fans" jumped out of the back door of a couple of passing coaches to join in.
This incident was played down back here, didn’t realise it went on for that long? How many were involved then?

Cov1 wrote: This incident was played down back here, didn’t realise it went on for that long? How many were involved then?
Difficult to see from where we were stood on the platform but there were no more than 15 County idiots in various states of involvement and hanging around the edge of the group - they were instigating, most of the Coventry fans were just trying to go home. Couldn't really see how many Cov fans were behind police line as we were more interested in not being near it, though it didn't seem like that many from the big group of fans were responding.

Went on for a bit, we were at the top of the away end so took a while to get out and walk around to the station - it had already started by then and there was "something" going on for 10 mins after that, people chucking things over (and at) the police and various bits of "fight dancing" and posturing with very sporadic actual violence once the first couple of minutes were over as the police were right there.

SJG99 wrote:
Cov1 wrote: This incident was played down back here, didn’t realise it went on for that long? How many were involved then?
Difficult to see from where we were stood on the platform but there were no more than 15 County idiots in various states of involvement and hanging around the edge of the group - they were instigating, most of the Coventry fans were just trying to go home. Couldn't really see how many Cov fans were behind police line as we were more interested in not being near it, though it didn't seem like that many from the big group of fans were responding.

Went on for a bit, we were at the top of the away end so took a while to get out and walk around to the station - it had already started by then and there was "something" going on for 10 mins after that, people chucking things over (and at) the police and various bits of "fight dancing" and posturing with very sporadic actual violence once the first couple of minutes were over as the police were right there.
From what I saw whilst sat on the supporters coach, it was the Coventry fans instigating it.