Re: Family ticket £20

Exile 1976 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Yeah cos guess what, it's ONE PRICE FITS ALL....£5.....all ages (almost).... all areas....sit or stand.

Now I wonder who gave them THAT idea eh?...

Like the £5 ticket offer they did last season and the season before that ???
What game was the £5 offer last season?.... I have £10 offer written down for Crawley & Orient, but I never saw football for a fiver last season, unless I missed it.

I was thinking about this and surely we will be looking at a crowd of at least 5000 with such a good deal, but with in all honesty do not think we will get more 4200 as I guess they wont bring many although they can have £5 tickets too.
Come on the people of Newport get over to RP to take advantage of this fantastic offer, even the wife is joining me this Saturday.

Valleyboy1980 wrote:I was thinking about this and surely we will be looking at a crowd of at least 5000 with such a good deal, but with in all honesty do not think we will get more 4200 as I guess they wont bring many although they can have £5 tickets too.
Come on the people of Newport get over to RP to take advantage of this fantastic offer, even the wife is joining me this Saturday.
Obviously I'm all in favour of this kind of pricing, and I hope it attracts more fans. However on this occasion I think we'll see around a 25% increase in walk up/ online sales, and an away following of around 50% of the average. So I think it'll be somewhere around 3525 County + 136 Crewe Alex , making a total of 3661...... though it would be great to see at least 1000 more than that, I think as one message-boarder said recently, something like: "our fan base is 3000 and we just have to accept that". I'm coming around to the idea, that no matter how well we play, or how cheap we make it, the people of Newport simply are not interested enough to all turn up together.
Seeing the Bisley Stand as empty as it was, against Luton Town, was almost soul destroying!

First of all I am in favour of anything that makes football more affordable and I welcome any initiative to improve our gates. So the following is not a criticism but rather a suggestion. If it were up to me this is what I would say, do and why.

Newport County would like to announce the following. Shortly we will be playing Crewe Alexandra. It is an end of the season game and in all likelihood will be little more than a competitive friendly. In all honesty we anticipate that the gate receipts on the day not counting those with season tickets will be in the region of £15,000.

As a result we have decided to go for broke. If we get 1,000 paying customers we will lose approximately £10,000. 3,000 paying customers, and we break even. More than 3,000 and the club are quids in. Yes you've guessed it. All areas all tickets for a fiver.

If the boys do win every game between now and then no excuse for not having a full house at that price. And maybe just maybe a chance of the play-offs.

That is what I would say and do. And I would not blame anyone for trying something if it doesn't work out.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:First of all I am in favour of anything that makes football more affordable and I welcome any initiative to improve our gates. So the following is not a criticism but rather a suggestion. If it were up to me this is what I would say, do and why.

Newport County would like to announce the following. Shortly we will be playing Crewe Alexandra. It is an end of the season game and in all likelihood will be little more than a competitive friendly. In all honesty we anticipate that the gate receipts on the day not counting those with season tickets will be in the region of £15,000.

As a result we have decided to go for broke. If we get 1,000 paying customers we will lose approximately £10,000. 3,000 paying customers, and we break even. More than 3,000 and the club are quids in. Yes you've guessed it. All areas all tickets for a fiver.

If the boys do win every game between now and then no excuse for not having a full house at that price. And maybe just maybe a chance of the play-offs.

That is what I would say and do. And I would not blame anyone for trying something if it doesn't work out.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:First of all I am in favour of anything that makes football more affordable and I welcome any initiative to improve our gates. So the following is not a criticism but rather a suggestion. If it were up to me this is what I would say, do and why.

I can't see the club ever announcing gate receipts publicly in the way you suggest. I can't see them ever giving such detailed reasoning for matchday pricing.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

I can't see the club ever announcing gate receipts publicly in the way you suggest. I can't see them ever giving such detailed reasoning for matchday pricing.
We are told gate receipts over the course of a season. We are told attendances. We know that the average price paid to attend a game is about £14. Therefore if 1000 people pay to attend a game the receipts for the day alone are about £14/15,000. Assuming 1,000 paying customers for Crewe, 3,000 paying customers would be needed for the club to break even.

Figures are clearly approximate. The principle is sound. In my view the club are right to try this. I merely suggest a slight improvement, very slight.

Stan, can I ask your precise thoughts on exactly how much of an attendance for the Crewe game do you think would indicate the venture of £5 a pop was a success?
As I said to you at Wembley, at my oft-quoted figure of £9 per person, all ages, all areas, sit or stand, SOMEBODY must know how many tickets we'd need to sell to maintain the current ticket sales revenue. Conversely, somebody must know, how much we'd have to charge under such a structure to maintain current attendance levels.

So at £5 a person, how many more than the current average gate of 3368 (combined home & away fans) would we need to get to make it a success, revenue-wise?

EDIT: I think quickly calculating, we need a gate of 5759 (from which we deduct ST holders who've already paid)...