Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v CREWE

Trigger wrote:
owlsabout wrote:What s that all about trigger ? What do you know ??
I'm not going to post it on here mate, I know others that come on here heard it too, if they want to post it fine! It came from someone you know well and surprised you didn't here it? If I see you Friday I'll tell you then. Totally unprofessional in our position if true! A good result and performance yesterday could have seen a 6k crowd Friday with Cov coming

The squad and manager got all 'billy big balls'' because they drew with Luton......

Even after yesterday I still think we will top 5000 for Friday...Coventry have almost sold out their allocation are rumours I have heard

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:Look at how much F G R have put in we ain't got that cash
You keep trumpeting on about budgets, almost as if you are putting a defensive case for someone.

Money can have an impact, particularly if a manager has limited ability when success can sometimes be bought. However Accrington has shown what can be done with limited funds and to that I would add Yeovil when they went through to the Championship in 2013.
Accrington is a fair comparison to our situation, however, while we have a manager in his first year of management, they've got one that's been at the club, aside from a 2 year spell, since 1999.

To build something on a small budget, you need everyone pulling in the same direction and time. There's plenty that would argue we've not had either of those yet.

DT1892 wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:Look at how much F G R have put in we ain't got that cash
You keep trumpeting on about budgets, almost as if you are putting a defensive case for someone.

Money can have an impact, particularly if a manager has limited ability when success can sometimes be bought. However Accrington has shown what can be done with limited funds and to that I would add Yeovil when they went through to the Championship in 2013.
Accrington is a fair comparison to our situation, however, while we have a manager in his first year of management, they've got one that's been at the club, aside from a 2 year spell, since 1999.

To build something on a small budget, you need everyone pulling in the same direction and time. There's plenty that would argue we've not had either of those yet.

Thats why I thought Lennie Lawrence was brought in to help MF ???? Whats the point of him if hes not ????

neilcork68 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:You keep trumpeting on about budgets, almost as if you are putting a defensive case for someone.

Thats why I thought Lennie Lawrence was brought in to help MF ???? Whats the point of him if hes not ????
Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. Our current managerial team has been in place for a year. Accrington have had at least some part of theirs in place since 1999 (bar those 2 years Coleman was elsewhere). We're a year into our 'project', Accrington aren't.

Exile 1976 wrote:So 23rd place Chesterfield turns over 4th place Notts County... League 2 hey.
That's why worrying about who has to play whom, and where each team are in the table, and trying to predict what results we'll get against whom is futile......the only thing that matters is our PROJECTED finishing place at any given time, which takes care of all games in hand that any team/teams may have.
So currently we need 13 extra points to occupy 7th place...in other words, no chance barring a miracle. Who we have still to play is irrelevant as your post indicates.