Re: Dragons

Whether it has ever been put into practice or not I don't know, but I definitely remember hearing about a " 2 day rest period" for the pitch prior to any football game.
Y'know, so many things get said at meetings and I've always regarded myself as attentive, asking questions, listening properly to answers, but I'm going to start writing things down and quoting the person (on the panel) who gives a reply, cos sometimes what I know I heard, and what I understand to be true, never seems to pan out in reality....... so be warned panel members, you will be quoted in future! :)

For the second time this season we have three games in three days on that pitch this weekend,really poor organisation. I hope next season we can sort it out so as this is not repeated. From my view I think the pitch could just about manage supporting three teams but the ground staff really need some cooperation from the three clubs that use it.

newgroundrodney wrote:Whether it has ever been put into practice or not I don't know, but I definitely remember hearing about a " 2 day rest period" for the pitch prior to any football game.
Y'know, so many things get said at meetings and I've always regarded myself as attentive, asking questions, listening properly to answers, but I'm going to start writing things down and quoting the person (on the panel) who gives a reply, cos sometimes what I know I heard, and what I understand to be true, never seems to pan out in reality....... so be warned panel members, you will be quoted in future! :)
That is a very astute point.

Not to catch people out but to protect the truth. Not only who said it but as importantly, usually more so, what was actually said.

On this board it is now being claimed that topics will be removed if they develop into slanging matches. This in my view will encourage certain members to simply hurl abuse until such time as they get threads removed.

Marky wrote:
Caerleon Exile wrote:It's their last home game of the season though so that's one positive :cheers:
Especially for their fans. :lol:
:lol:

I went over last night as I had a freebie. Attendance was around 4400ish but such a dull atmosphere, like a friendly. It was the first time I've been over to see them since they changed to the Dragons. Completely different to the atmosphere to what you used to get for Newport games. Don't know how people watch that all the time but different strokes for different folks and all that.