Stewards today

I’ve got to take my hat off to the stewards today who dealt with the idiot away fans who felt it was ok to punch a lady in the face.
The physical and verbal abuse they took was dealt with swiftly and very efficiently and was totally uncalled for.
They get a lot of stick but I have to give credit where it’s due.

Re: Stewards today

big baz wrote:I’ve got to take my hat off to the stewards today who dealt with the idiot away fans who felt it was ok to punch a lady in the face.
The physical and verbal abuse they took was dealt with swiftly and very efficiently and was totally uncalled for.
They get a lot of stick but I have to give credit where it’s due.
Can you expand on what happened please? Looked nasty from where I was sat in the Hazell.

A few of the away fans were getting a bit too excited shall we say and the stewards asked them to calm down. Then the lady steward was punched in the face.
The stewards then brought the idiot through the far end of the 100 club behind the barrier rather than risk a possible riot by taking them through their own fans.
3 others then decided it was ok to assault more stewards so they got the same treatment and were handed to the police who eventually turned up

Even before today and the praise they are getting I would like to say that I have nothing but admiration for the Stewards at RP. They are always courteous , friendly and helpful..
I go to away games quite a lot and the Stewards at RP make the others look second rate

Keep up the good work Ladies and Gentlemen