Re: Michael Flynn

There’s absolutely no way on planet earth we will make the top 7 in my opinion. We just aren’t quite good enough, especially in midfield without Labadie.

I don’t see that this is reason to go blasting the manager on Internet forums though - very strange behaviour from an adult if you ask me.

We’ll finish mid table and a fair few of our players will be off in the summer - it’s not the end of the world, deal with it!

Agree to a degree rncfc but yesterday I was sitting among young fans with their dads being introduced to the Newport County experience. Probably about 1300 fans more than normal with the £5 offer.
The display they were watching quite frankly was embarrassing I had dad's saying to their children " They get paid for playing like this !" "This is worse than park football", "Is this County's first eleven ? "
I could go on and this was a great opportunity to attract more fans to our fan base.
I know Flynn and the team have raised the bar and going to finish in a credible mid table position but those new supporters won't be seen again after that drivel.
I was in a no win situation trying to persuade them they can play much better ie. last weeks game against Luton because it was like park football yesterday.
The £5 offer backfired because of the manager and his teams display yesterday.

That's the problem though. If it wasn't this game it would be the next game we were poor in. As it was only a fiver some might, just might be tempted to come back, (I dare say most probably came to the Spurs/Leeds matches though when we played well) had they had paid full price there is absolutely no way they'd be back............. No doubt we'll see them again should we draw another Leeds/Tottenham in the FA Cup though.

Shame and disgust were two words used in the opening post. I do wonder whether Neil used to be a journalist for the Daily Mail or Sun - overdramatised posts al the time.

Yesterday wasn’t good, no, but should Flynny be ashamed of himself? Really?

I'm not overly worried as Flynn with his 'limited tactical nous', 'poor January signings' and 'clear favouritism towards certain players' with 8 games to play has us on track for our highest finish in the FL since we got back.
Yes he's made (still making) mistakes, he'll continue to make mistakes, but it's HIS success early on that has caused everyone's expectations to rise.

Exile 1976 wrote:I'm not overly worried as Flynn with his 'limited tactical nous', 'poor January signings' and 'clear favouritism towards certain players' with 8 games to play has us on track for our highest finish in the FL since we got back.
Yes he's made (still making) mistakes, he'll continue to make mistakes, but it's HIS success early on that has caused everyone's expectations to rise.
1. There is a management team. Between the four of them, can't they see how to change tactics during a match?
2.The highest we have finished is 9th. Need quite a few points to get above that this year. I'll be pleased with top 10.
3. If we were playing well and being beaten by better teams/play, then I can accept that but yesterday was very very poor for 75 minutes. Could not get basics right.

Exile 1976, I don't disagree with your view that Flynn deserves some plaudits for this seasons outcome. However I am looking ahead where 8 points from the last 10 league games, should in my opinion be giving rise to some concern. If this momentum was to carry over to next season then it has relegation stamped all over it.

the run in

This is the time of the season when teams down the bottom play like world beaters , even Barnt did well against Luton.
We do not play well against teams down the bottom who fight more than we do!

Re: the run in

amberdave wrote:This is the time of the season when teams down the bottom play like world beaters , even Barnt did well against Luton.
We do not play well against teams down the bottom who fight more than we do!
God help us at Chesterfield and Barnet & home to Stevenage then!

Exile 1976 wrote:I'm not overly worried as Flynn with his 'limited tactical nous', 'poor January signings' and 'clear favouritism towards certain players' with 8 games to play has us on track for our highest finish in the FL since we got back.
Your phrase HIS success.He likes the glory,He kept us up.He likes the Awards ceremonies rubbing shoulders with the great and good,he has secured himself a 4 year contract on improved terms on the back of it.He likes the National coverage on TV and in the press.He blames the players,not himself,for playing too deep and he has blamed the players for yesterday.Maybe the players are less than happy with all this.