Michael Flynn

For all the good you have done since being manager you need to hold your head in shame after that gutless performance from your team today..
You enjoy the accolades when all is well but how can you deal with the criticism you deserve after that ?

That was an absolute disgusting unprofessional performance from YOU , and YOUR TEAM .

It lacked skill , heart , commitment and passion

Re: Michael Flynn

The tactics were all wrong. We were playing 4-2-3-1 FFS. It this level you need to bully the opposition defence and our lone striker was Amond who possibly couldn't bully a ball-boy. The three behind him would possibly figure in a pictorial dictionary under the definition of "powder-puff" (though Willmott would also figure under the definitions of "lazy", "useless" and "out of depth" in the same pictorial dictionary) and I can only guess that Dolan misunderstood which side he was playing for this afternoon as every touch he had was in the opposite direction to which County were playing and quite frequently to an opposition player. MOTM? I've always suspected that someone was having a laugh with the choice of player chosen over the tannoy and today choice of Dolan surely confirms it.

The MOTM was the Hazell linesman. It's quite a talent to get nearly every decision you have to make wrong but today he achieved it.

Neil is forthright but has a point Flynn should not walk on water just because we run out this Newport man rubbish - as a footballer Flynn was a mercenary going where the money was I don’t blame him and had his last pay day with us. If a team wanted a manager and offered him the right money he would go - I don’t blame him he is in a high risk career so let’s be realistic.
I thought he was a bad appointment and delighted to be proved wrong I have been impressed but he is in a results business and I am concerned the players did not want to play for him today.
His response and the players response will be key I think to his future with us or it should be. I hope with his team he gets them sorted.

County ranger wrote:Neil is forthright but has a point Flynn should not walk on water just because we run out this Newport man rubbish - as a footballer Flynn was a mercenary going where the money was I don’t blame him and had his last pay day with us. If a team wanted a manager and offered him the right money he would go - I don’t blame him he is in a high risk career so let’s be realistic.
I thought he was a bad appointment and delighted to be proved wrong I have been impressed but he is in a results business and I am concerned the players did not want to play for him today.
His response and the players response will be key I think to his future with us or it should be. I hope with his team he gets them sorted.
Not sure that the players did not want to play for him - don't see why they would do that now...doesn't make sense...

Mr Figo wrote:
County ranger wrote:Neil is forthright but has a point Flynn should not walk on water just because we run out this Newport man rubbish - as a footballer Flynn was a mercenary going where the money was I don’t blame him and had his last pay day with us. If a team wanted a manager and offered him the right money he would go - I don’t blame him he is in a high risk career so let’s be realistic.
Not sure that the players did not want to play for him - don't see why they would do that now...doesn't make sense...
I think it is called losing the dressing room the players are probably fed up having to step and play beyond themselves week in week out as 10 v 11 owing to Flynn’s love in with Willmott

Get a grip. It's his debut season as a manager, he's hardly going to be Pep Guardiola.

He's made mistakes and got things wrong, but we're sat 12th in the table, with talk of sneaking into the play-offs by some, having enjoyed an incredible cup run along with it. Anyone that says they wouldn't have taken that after two consecutive 22nd place finishes is a liar. We're fine.

I always look at the run of fixtures so beat Coventry then we've got a good run. Remember the run of away fixtures when people went into meltdown ie Lincoln, Colchester and Mansfield, well beat Coventry and then we've got the bottom 2 away and Stevenage home as our next 3 fixtures. So if we took 0 from 9 in 3 difficult away fixtures you can spin that and say if we beat Coventry 9 from 9 is what we'd need from the following 3 fixtures. So Coventry for me is the result that could make or break it.