Re: the run in

Beechwood Boy wrote:
amberdave wrote:This is the time of the season when teams down the bottom play like world beaters , even Barnt did well against Luton.
We do not play well against teams down the bottom who fight more than we do!
God help us at Chesterfield and Barnet & home to Stevenage then!
Barnet will almost certainly be already relegated by the time we get there to play, probably by a good 10 points from safety. For me, the relegation slots are pretty much sorted. Chesterfield may put in a late challenge to stay up but will still probably miss out by a point or two.

Re: the run in

newgroundrodney wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:
amberdave wrote:This is the time of the season when teams down the bottom play like world beaters , even Barnt did well against Luton.
We do not play well against teams down the bottom who fight more than we do!
God help us at Chesterfield and Barnet & home to Stevenage then!
Barnet will almost certainly be already relegated by the time we get there to play, probably by a good 10 points from safety. For me, the relegation slots are pretty much sorted. Chesterfield may put in a late challenge to stay up but will still probably miss out by a point or two.
Chesterfield beat Notts County quite comfortably today .... 3-1 !

I can't see us getting much out of our 2 Easter fixtures if we play like we did yesterday

Re: Michael Flynn

I’m amazed with the rubbish posted on here. Yesterday was frustrating, but if O’Briens header and Noubles equaliser had gone in would it have cause the crazy comments on here?
Ok, yesterday wasn’t great, and we are not on a great run, but our manager has saved us from relegation, nearly beat Tottenham, making £700k in process, and could well lead us to a top half finish!! Fair play, he deserves the sack and all the questions asked of him. Words fail me sometimes.

Rich wrote:I’m amazed with the rubbish posted on here. Yesterday was frustrating, but if O’Briens header and Noubles equaliser had gone in would it have cause the crazy comments on here?
Ok, yesterday wasn’t great, and we are not on a great run, but our manager has saved us from relegation, nearly beat Tottenham, making £700k in process, and could well lead us to a top half finish!! Fair play, he deserves the sack and all the questions asked of him. Words fail me sometimes.
Totally agree with you , mate !
But , yesterday WAS awful .

Saying that , you have to say Crewe did a job on us and came with a game plan and stuck to it . Don't think they're a better side than us by any stretch , but I also don't think we're given them credit for doing what they had to do on the day .

Rich wrote:I’m amazed with the rubbish posted on here. Yesterday was frustrating, but if O’Briens header and Noubles equaliser had gone in would it have cause the crazy comments on here?

I'm not amazed. The doom and gloom merchants have had a great time.

Yesterday was our THIRD defeat at home all season.

Let's get a bit of perspective.

neilcork68 wrote:For all the good you have done since being manager you need to hold your head in shame after that gutless performance from your team today..
You enjoy the accolades when all is well but how can you deal with the criticism you deserve after that ?

That was an absolute disgusting unprofessional performance from YOU , and YOUR TEAM .

It lacked skill , heart , commitment and passion
'Hold your head in shame'?

Jesus Christ that's unreal. We all get dissapointed when we lose but to say that about a manager in his first calendar year of management who is contextually the most successful manager in our history is absurd, pejorative and spiteful.

There is so much hyperbole around football it's laughable but a tiny minority on here take things to a sinister extreme.

Congratulations Neil Cork you are a magnificent bell.

Dan

CountyDan wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:For all the good you have done since being manager you need to hold your head in shame after that gutless performance from your team today..
You enjoy the accolades when all is well but how can you deal with the criticism you deserve after that ?

That was an absolute disgusting unprofessional performance from YOU , and YOUR TEAM .

Jesus Christ that's unreal. We all get dissapointed when we lose but to say that about a manager in his first calendar year of management who is contextually the most successful manager in our history is absurd, pejorative and spiteful.

There is so much hyperbole around football it's laughable but a tiny minority on here take things to a sinister extreme.

Dan

In football you take the rough with the smooth. Enjoy the accolades when they come but also take responsibility when things go wrong.
Ifs, buts and maybes.....If we were to go on a run that gets us to the play offs then he would deserve all the credit that comes his way...If we were to lose 7,8 or 9 games in a row there would be countless fans calling for his head

Michael Flynn has put all the ''soundbites out '', in the local papers , on the Radio etc saying that he believes in his squad of players and they wouldn't give up on the possibility of reaching the play offs until it was mathematically impossible.
Yesterdays performance too a man proved than none of the players believe him and it was on a par with last years Orient game when we were totally embarrassing.. They were his team , playing to his tactics. he got them wrong and for whatever reason the players looked like they weren't playing for him so as the person responsible for it he should feel embarrassed and hold his head in shame.
Even you couldnt say they played as though they played with any heart , effort , skill etc yesterday until the 80th minute , could you ?
Why is that ?

I believe that contract talks have already started and players know who is being kept on , released etc....Many played as they already know their futures and played as though they have given up..... also we have players who know the seem to be undrop-able by him...Day has no competition , Willmott already has a contract for next year ( god knows how ) and for whatever reason ,only know n by him he plays Willmott for 90 minutes every game even when he doesn't deserve it

neilcork68 wrote:
CountyDan wrote:

Dan

In football you take the rough with the smooth. Enjoy the accolades when they come but also take responsibility when things go wrong.
Ifs, buts and maybes.....If we were to go on a run that gets us to the play offs then he would deserve all the credit that comes his way...If we were to lose 7,8 or 9 games in a row there would be countless fans calling for his head

Michael Flynn has put all the ''soundbites out '', in the local papers , on the Radio etc saying that he believes in his squad of players and they wouldn't give up on the possibility of reaching the play offs until it was mathematically impossible.
Yesterdays performance too a man proved than none of the players believe him and it was on a par with last years Orient game when we were totally embarrassing.. They were his team , playing to his tactics. he got them wrong and for whatever reason the players looked like they weren't playing for him so as the person responsible for it he should feel embarrassed and hold his head in shame.
Even you couldnt say they played as though they played with any heart , effort , skill etc yesterday until the 80th minute , could you ?
Why is that ?

I believe that contract talks have already started and players know who is being kept on , released etc....Many played as they already know their futures and played as though they have given up..... also we have players who know the seem to be undrop-able by him...Day has no competition , Willmott already has a contract for next year ( god knows how ) and for whatever reason ,only know n by him he plays Willmott for 90 minutes every game even when he doesn't deserve it
How do you justify the 'hang your head in shame' comment?

I know Michael very well and trust me he never gets carried away with any accolades and is probably the one of the most hard working and unnassuming people I know, totally passionate and commited to the club.

You say that the players don't work hard - why don't you you go down to the training ground and watch the players and see the hard work that everyone puts in?

I'm sure Michael would be to glad to accommodate you and show you how things are.

And trust me when I say, he can take the criticism as much as the accolades. Let's just try and make criticism contructive and justified.

County ranger wrote:Neil is forthright but has a point Flynn should not walk on water just because we run out this Newport man rubbish - as a footballer Flynn was a mercenary going where the money was I don’t blame him and had his last pay day with us. If a team wanted a manager and offered him the right money he would go - I don’t blame him he is in a high risk career so let’s be realistic.
I thought he was a bad appointment and delighted to be proved wrong I have been impressed but he is in a results business and I am concerned the players did not want to play for him today.
His response and the players response will be key I think to his future with us or it should be. I hope with his team he gets them sorted.
Hello - how do you know Flynny was a mercenary? I know for a fact that Michael left Gillingham for Blackpool in the championship, when he could have signed for Millwall who offered a lot more money per week.

Michael turned it down because he was ambitious and wanted to play at a higher level than Millwall.

Let's not try and criticise without knowing all the facts.

CountyDan wrote:

Dan

Why is that ?

I believe that contract talks have already started and players know who is being kept on , released etc....Many played as they already know their futures and played as though they have given up..... also we have players who know the seem to be undrop-able by him...Day has no competition , Willmott already has a contract for next year ( god knows how ) and for whatever reason ,only know n by him he plays Willmott for 90 minutes every game even when he doesn't deserve it[/quote]

How do you justify the 'hang your head in shame' comment?

I know Michael very well and trust me he never gets carried away with any accolades and is probably the one of the most hard working and unnassuming people I know, totally passionate and commited to the club.

You say that the players don't work hard - why don't you you go down to the training ground and watch the players and see the hard work that everyone puts in?

I'm sure Michael would be to glad to accommodate you and show you how things are.

And trust me when I say, he can take the criticism as much as the accolades. Let's just try and make criticism contructive and justified.[/quote]

I agree. let’s make it constructive Dan. Any Truth
in the rumours the boys didn’t train Monday & Thursday as the gaffer had a heavy night, the night before. Apologies if they did train and my mate on the Hazel yesterday got it wrong.

Jasper - no, there is no truth in those rumours from you ‘mate on the Hazel’. Just like the ‘mate in the dodger’ who you mentioned before, it seems to be someone malicious making up shite to try and damage the club.

Anyone questioning Flynny’s professionalism needs to have a word with themselves. What do you think Jasper?

Baladabadi wrote:The guy is working miracles at our club.

He's still learning his trade but we are reaping the benefits e.g. cup run, no threat of relegation, possible play off chances.

Some of the dimwits on here need to get a grip.
Completely agree with you. Yes, losing in such a manner was disappointing, but that's something they can sort out on the training ground.
The Crewe game incidentally, was only our 4th home defeat in 24 home FL games under Mike Flynn. Curiously, his record against Crewe in 3 games is win (a) draw (a) lose (h)..... so a pretty mixed bag.
The problem is people forget just how bad we used to be at home..... Flynn has turned that around, with us having collected 50% of the available points under him over his first 50 games in charge.
There was a time we couldn't BUY a win!

There may be one or two who think I can conjure up £80 for a train fare.wish that I could!
However.,from what I can glean from this message board Flynn'y is more worried about not losing as opposed to have a goal scoring squad
Are regulars happy with his ethos or should there be an anticipated attacking feel about the match day squad?
One and a bit goals per match reflects on our season
Interestingly how often is Joe Day man of the match?
If we were blessed with a solid attacking attitude Joe Day should never be a candidate for M O M
Purely a view