Re: Retain list

Marky wrote:
Bush wrote:Win a match and we are gonna make the play offs. Lose a match and it's let's name who we should get rid of!
People got carried away over beating Yeovil who were dreadful as usual, we've won 1 in 12 and you only have to listen to the non-existent atmosphere to realise to the feel good factor has long gone, we need to see evidence that Flynn is learning and improving.
The evidence is that in 12 months we have gone from a side who got stuffed by an academy side and we were bottom of the league to a team comfortably in midtable. In my eyes that's progression.

Bush wrote:
Marky wrote:
Bush wrote:Win a match and we are gonna make the play offs. Lose a match and it's let's name who we should get rid of!
People got carried away over beating Yeovil who were dreadful as usual, we've won 1 in 12 and you only have to listen to the non-existent atmosphere to realise to the feel good factor has long gone, we need to see evidence that Flynn is learning and improving.
The evidence is that in 12 months we have gone from a side who got stuffed by an academy side and we were bottom of the league to a team comfortably in midtable. In my eyes that's progression.

100% mate. Great performance the week before against Luton followed up the victory away at Yeovil and one, admittedly very poor showing, later people are losing their shit.
Fans were praising Tozer & Dolan last week saying how great they were & now suddenly loads of them are calling for TOE to come back as he's apparently better than the both of them !(seemingly based on his performances against part time opposition).

Bush you have got to forget about 12 months ago ffs thats done and dusted . It's about now and how we move on , yes I wd take where we are all day , post about retain list not durring the war ffs promotion over lets entertain now not like yesterday . Dont mind losing if we have ago otherwise crowd's will drop rapidly

rncfc wrote:To be fair I would rather have TOE in the middle than either of them as well. Far more energy, enthusiasm and forward thinking. I’ve seen cruise liners turn quicker than our central midfield.
The same player people have said all season isn't good enough and needs to be loaned out? Honestly I think if we loaned willmott and nouble out people would be on here saying we have to bring them back they are vital. Never as popular as when you leave a club or are unavailable for selection.

Now that Labadie is injured we have no mobility in central midfield at all. Owen-Evans would change that and hopefully stop teams just walking through us.

In fact, if we’re going to play Ben white out of position I’d be interested to see him play centre midfield as well. He has the composure and anticipation of play to go there.

Bush wrote:
Marky wrote:
All that's evidence of is that Flynn is better than Westley, I'm not talking about Newport County, literally anything would have been progression from that, I'm talking about Mike Flynn. Is Flynn a better manager than he was last summer? Will this progression continue under Flynn next season when no doubt some of the cup run money will go increasing our playing budget?

the majority of the side MF used were signed by other managers...Granted he maybe a good man-manager because he got a game out of them that Westley couldn't...Our form has been that of a lower mid table League 2 side using 6 players in yesterdays starting line up that were signed by other managers( Day , Pipe , O'Brien , Demetriou , Butler , Tozer...He has had two transfer windows since he took over. has his signings improved us ??
IMO no
White....yes but he is only on loan
Willmott......No
Nouble.........No
Amond.........we are playing the wrong style of play to get the best out of him
Sheehan.........hopefully will be ok but as yet the jury is still out as we don't play through the midfield with our long ball tactics.
McCoulsky.....No
Also anyone who watches us regularly must wonder why we continue to use the long ball as our main attacking threat. He has used two wide men in attack but we don't attack down the wings.
Our striker who has been on form recently spent the vast majority on the bench yesterday ??
Before his injury Bennett was our best midfielder but has failed to get on in the last two games but others have played a full 90 minutes even though they were having a stinker ( Willmott)

We , or even he cant keep blaming the loss of Labadie because he is the type of player even before injury will miss 10-15 games a season due to suspensions so why hasn't he sorted out a back up to him ??? Tozer and Dolan are ok with him in the side but really struggle if they are a two and get overun in midfield.

All examples of why I doubt MF has the right tactical knowledge to improve us.

The types of players I would love us to sign to make us competitive are...

Yorweth ( Crawley)----Horrible nasty commanding centre half with a nasty streak
Jacobsen ( Wycombe)------great set piece taker and a good leader
Dennis ( Chesterfield)----a pain in the arse striker who gets under defenders skins and can score goals
Pope ( Port Vale)----nasty horrible striker who does a job for the side
Cowan Hall ( Wycombe )----good wide man who chips in with goals
Zoko ( Yeovil)----Nouble only much better goal return and work ethic

All players with league 2 experience and I believe in our price range who would improve us. We should also make our ''marquee signing '' a dominant central midfielder who will get in where it hurts , can play the ball simple and be a leader...Something we lack, even if Labadie plays..

rncfc wrote:Now that Labadie is injured we have no mobility in central midfield at all. Owen-Evans would change that and hopefully stop teams just walking through us.

In fact, if we’re going to play Ben white out of position I’d be interested to see him play centre midfield as well. He has the composure and anticipation of play to go there.
TOE is playing centre midfield for Truro. I spoke to a Truro supporter friend last night. Tom is settling in fine and is doing OK, scored with a nice chip over the keeper yesterday for their equaliser, they have won all four games he has played in but large periods of the game are passing him by currently as the ball is knocked long end to end over his head. Not ready for an immediate return to L2