Re: penalty decision

If that's true it show's that while the ability to communicate directly with the other match officials without the need to stop the game is important, there is still a need to visually report the incident with the use of the flag. The use of the flag now seems to be more of a theatrical thing than an important tool to be used.

Exile 1976 wrote:So, the lino told the ref it was a pen, the ref didn't hear him and the lino did nothing?? Hmmmmm.
Lino should of called ref over to have a chat.
Just watched "Goal Rush", a very soft penalty given to Cheltenham, I think, with an even weaker push on their player. If the foul was comitted elsewhere on the pitch, it was a free kick.

A clear penalty if you ask me .
And if that is true about the Lino giving it but not using his flag to get the refs attention , that's a disgrace ... bigtime !
I also thought the shout right at the end was a clear knudge and should've been a pen .
A few say that there was a handball in the lead up their first goal ?

Apart from that , a good overall performance from the officials , once again !

Not that it can be an exuse for our dire performance mind you

Beechwood Boy wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:So, the lino told the ref it was a pen, the ref didn't hear him and the lino did nothing?? Hmmmmm.
Lino should of called ref over to have a chat.
Just watched "Goal Rush", a very soft penalty given to Cheltenham, I think, with an even weaker push on their player. If the foul was comitted elsewhere on the pitch, it was a free kick.
Match was Exeter v Swindon.