Re: CEO leaving

Newport County AFC can confirm that Chief Executive Alex Tunbridge will be leaving the Club at the end of June.

Alex has been offered the position of Chief Executive at his home town club Stevenage FC and has taken the decision to accept the offer.

The Club wishes to place on record its thanks for the excellent job Alex has undertaken in challenging circumstances. Whilst it is disappointing to see him go he goes with the best wishes of everyone at the club.

The Club will shortly commence the recruitment process for his successor.

I’ve not seen or heard anybody slagging him off.

We need to recruit a COO as well as a CEO, the COO can learn from the CEO and in the likely event the next CEO gets poached and moves on the COO will hopefully be trained to a level that he/she can step up and take over as CEO or at the very least be capable of taking up the position until a new CEO is appointed, then we can just recruit a new COO to be trained up, this sort of succession planning should be normal practice at a professional business.

Newportonian wrote:I’ve not seen or heard anybody slagging him off.

We need to recruit a COO as well as a CEO, the COO can learn from the CEO and in the likely event the next CEO gets poached and moves on the COO will hopefully be trained to a level that he/she can step up and take over as CEO or at the very least be capable of taking up the position until a new CEO is appointed, then we can just recruit a new COO to be trained up, this sort of succession planning should be normal practice at a professional business.

What's the name of that chap that went to Hereford United?
He would make a great CEO. And I believe he's from Newport, and also a good friend of one of the directors.