Re: CEO leaving

theale wrote:Let's get James watts back from Hereford, he bleeds black and amber and has great business acumen.
russell jones
Had great dealings with him but also an equal amount of poor communication and lack of interest in certain dealings with him.

theale wrote:Apparently James was driven out of the club,will ask relevant question at meeting to gavin to find out the truth,I've 63 questions to ask so far,will be a long meeting.

James wanted the job Alex got, didn't get it so jumped at the chance when offered similar type role with Hereford as he felt he should have got our CEO role.

theale wrote:Apparently James was driven out of the club,will ask relevant question at meeting to gavin to find out the truth,I've 63 questions to ask so far,will be a long meeting.
Couldn't you have asked some of these questions at the last meeting.They're not all for Gavin surely.

Newportonian wrote:I’ve not seen or heard anybody slagging him off.

We need to recruit a COO as well as a CEO, the COO can learn from the CEO and in the likely event the next CEO gets poached and moves on the COO will hopefully be trained to a level that he/she can step up and take over as CEO or at the very least be capable of taking up the position until a new CEO is appointed, then we can just recruit a new COO to be trained up, this sort of succession planning should be normal practice at a professional business.

Isn't that how Redwood got the job and we know how well that turned out.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Couldn't you have asked some of these questions at the last meeting.They're not all for Gavin surely.

There's no need for him to go to the meetings. He could always ask Gavin directly at the board meetings. He is one of the directors himself.

SULLY34 wrote:
theale wrote:Let's get James watts back from Hereford, he bleeds black and amber and has great business acumen.
russell jones
Had great dealings with him but also an equal amount of poor communication and lack of interest in certain dealings with him.
Maybe he was simply to busy? When ever I spoke to him he was up to his eyes with work.

I reckon he'd be a great appointment.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:The high turnover of key people within the Club should be of concern to us all. No idea why this should be the case, but if there are underlying reasons they need to be flushed out as this is a very inefficient and costly way to run a business.
Totally agree with this, just when I thought we’d recruited well the CEO is off to pastures new. Not sure we were well enough run as a club to have retained the guy for long though. We need a bit of stability and someone with the authority and skills to move forward at RP. imho the next selection will be very important indeed.