Re: Taff's Word - Season Over?

Tony Soprano wrote:" Barrel of w@*k " :lol: :lol: spot on & although I agree 100% with that comment, imagine if someone like Corky had said that? This board would have gone into meltdown!! UTC
Thing is mate, if Corky had said it, it would have gone something like;

"That performance was a barrel of wank. I've never seen such a bad performance in my life (except last week and the next time we lose). Willmott is shit at football and my 18 month old grandson could beat a man better than he can, Jackson should just **** off as he can't even jump properly, Flynn should emigrate to Australia because he's no longer welcome in Newport and all our other players are shit as well".

SULLY34 wrote:Been over for a few weeks in my opinion.
I'm not sure about the season being over for weeks, but the Play-Offs have certainly been gone for a good while. People mistakenly thought we were in with a chance but a number of teams had games in hand.
The only correct way to assess our position at any given point, is to lay the table out according to the number of points collected per game by each team, then multiply by 46 in each case to get a PROJECTED finishing table....people would then have seen we've been between 7 - 12 pts short of the play offs all season.
But people look at the actual table and see us 7 points short, when in actual fact we're 10 pts short....
This gives rise to false expectation. In turn, when the expectation isn't fulfilled, people get disappointed.
This season is about laying next season's foundation, next season's target if you like.... so it certainly is not over yet...
I'm waiting to see how close we finish to 12th place / 66 pts....
Plenty to play for as the time comes when crazy results start popping up.

newgroundrodney wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Been over for a few weeks in my opinion.
I'm not sure about the season being over for weeks, but the Play-Offs have certainly been gone for a good while. People mistakenly thought we were in with a chance but a number of teams had games in hand.
The only correct way to assess our position at any given point, is to lay the table out according to the number of points collected per game by each team, then multiply by 46 in each case to get a PROJECTED finishing table....people would then have seen we've been between 7 - 12 pts short of the play offs all season.
But people look at the actual table and see us 7 points short, when in actual fact we're 10 pts short....
This gives rise to false expectation. In turn, when the expectation isn't fulfilled, people get disappointed.
This season is about laying next season's foundation, next season's target if you like.... so it certainly is not over yet...
I'm waiting to see how close we finish to 12th place / 66 pts....
Plenty to play for as the time comes when crazy results start popping up.
Over for me in terms of relegation and promotion. The foot has been taken off the gas a few weeks back. It would be great to push on and finish as high as we can. Need some momentum back.

Although the season is over in regards to promotion or relegation we need a positive end to the season as momentum can be carried over to next season, remember what happened when Feeney had a poor end to the season the next season started very badly.
Big season for Mike Flynn coming up saved us last season and good progress this season excellent cup run and never in danger of going down, hope he recruits well in the summer and we push on with a crack at the play off places in 2018/19.
Despite the ups and downs recently would have bitten your hand off for where we are now last August.