Re: Match-day buses misery

It's where I live and, to be fair, none of my neighbours are complaining about the location of the stadium.
Obviously, for me it was the reason for moving nearby!
However, the residential development, roadworks etc mean Rodney Road simply can't take coaches any more - there's just not enough room for them.
The coaches in the Argus article are Luton supporters' coaches which are meant to stop on Corporation Road. Not sure why these didn't.

Kevin Ward wrote:It's where I live and, to be fair, none of my neighbours are complaining about the location of the stadium.
Obviously, for me it was the reason for moving nearby!
However, the residential development, roadworks etc mean Rodney Road simply can't take coaches any more - there's just not enough room for them.
The coaches in the Argus article are Luton supporters' coaches which are meant to stop on Corporation Road. Not sure why these didn't.
The two coaches drivers that went along Rodney Road were following their ' Sat Nav ' instructions were the excuse a steward told me when he asked me to wait for them to turn around after they had dropped the Luton fans off by the ground......they had come off the M4 at the St Julians junction and had followed Caerleon Road down to Clarence Place. They then turned by the old Art College into Rodney Road and missed any stewards that may have been waiting on Corporation Road...My ' Sat Nav ' sends me that way sometimes if i put the quickest way to the ground into it , so nobodies fault really.........
its happened once or twice and the resident has made a mountain out of a mole hill to get herself in the Argus. She moved in near a Football / Rugby ground , what did she expect ?????

I just don't get it ???

The majority of our away fans bring 1 , maybe 2 supporters coaches , the rest are in cars and on the train .
Admittedly , we've had a couple of bigger than normal away crowds this year (Leeds , Spurs etc etc)
These are isolated occurrences .

Now . I can't really see that the Dragons get loads and loads of coaches of away fans at their games , so this is clearly aimed at us ?

As much as I can sympathise with the residents concerns , they knew what the set up was when they bought their house/apart-e-ment by the waterfront .
Get over it , and if you want to blame anyone , blame the developer and the council for agreeing planning permission !!!

We could complain about their houses/apart-e-ments ******* up the drainage at Dave Parade , and we could sue the ******* for loss of revenue

Those houses weren't there when we signed our tenancy agreement and they're now getting in the way of developing Rodney Parade !!!

Sorry .... this is just another Newport general public moan about anything they can moan about !!!

Get over it FFS

"The fuss" is about a coach completely blocking the road so no-one can get in or out, and there's no other route that can be taken to avoid it. So if a coach goes the wrong way, a bunch of residents are stuck and unable to use their cars.

I can completely understand why they'd be annoyed, I get cheesed off enough when people block my drive, and I actually have other places I can park if I want to avoid that. They have no alternative but to lump it.

It's nothing to do with the stadium being there or not, and entirely about the failure to manage the coaches on match day when if they go the wrong way they can get stuck and block in the residents of at least 30 buildings (many of which are blocks of flats so lots more than 30 people), with even more potentially stuck the nearer to Grafton Road the coach is when it actually gets stuck.

The reason for the coaches being in the wrong place makes sense, but to avoid that all that needs to happen is someone on the corner of Clarence Place and Rodney Road sends the coaches across town bridge, around the Old Green Roundabout and back past the turning and down to Harrow Road back onto Corporation Road. It would actually make a lot of sense to link the residential road with Corporation Road somewhere down the far end, there are plenty of existing tarmac areas and paths that could be used for local traffic to get out without running the risk of creating a rat run.

I don't think this is aimed at us, but at those responsible for the site/road, which seems to be Taylor Wimpey?

Seems a valid concern to me, particularly the point about emergency services. God forbid someone desperately needs medical treatment, but can't access it because the ambulance can't get through to them.

theale wrote:Do a risk assessment in your head,one off incident and people are wetting there kecks
Yeah, it's a one-off, that's why the article uses "coaches" (plural), the word "repeatedly", "often causing a blockage for more than half an hour" and has an example of a 45 minute delay from Boxing Day as well. :roll: