Re: Press release

"But despite that upturn in form, Flynn says his side have not prepared any differently ahead of welcoming one of the form sides in the division to Rodney Parade, admitting his side would once again relish the underdog tag.
“We haven’t prepared differently,” he confirmed. "

Not sure that's a good idea !

All you want is an "amber in the blood " performance from anyone who puts the shirt on. Those four words bring the past and the present together. This squad is full of people who pulled off the second "great escape." which brings two eras together. The original great escape was the springboard for possibly the greatest era in our history and hopefully we can repeat this. F*ck the stats if we haven't got enough players who genuinely care about the club then f*ck em off.

supporter wrote:All you want is an "amber in the blood " performance from anyone who puts the shirt on. Those four words bring the past and the present together. This squad is full of people who pulled off the second "great escape." which brings two eras together. The original great escape was the springboard for possibly the greatest era in our history and hopefully we can repeat this. F*ck the stats if we haven't got enough players who genuinely care about the club then f*ck em off.

What a ******* good post.

Totally agree if the players do not want to sweat amber blood and give the Newport fans the performance their support and passion they deserve.
They can go else where and as the majority players who have left the club they drop one league after another into obscurity.
Take note players you are in a privileged position do not blow it. !!!!!!!

somerton moss wrote:Totally agree if the players do not want to sweat amber blood and give the Newport fans the performance their support and passion they deserve.
They can go else where and as the majority players who have left the club they drop one league after another into obscurity.
Take note players you are in a privileged position do not blow it. !!!!!!!

I have had dogs abuse from some on here about my posts but I have always said , '' All I want/ expect is for every player who puts on our shirt to give everything they have to the cause. If the lose to a better side on the day , so be it but as long as they have given everything I can accept that without question ''
When the don't I believe they deserve any criticism coming their way

supporter wrote:All you want is an "amber in the blood " performance from anyone who puts the shirt on. Those four words bring the past and the present together. This squad is full of people who pulled off the second "great escape." which brings two eras together. The original great escape was the springboard for possibly the greatest era in our history and hopefully we can repeat this. F*ck the stats if we haven't got enough players who genuinely care about the club then f*ck em off.
Agree with this to an extent, but we do have to accept that football has changed since those days.

To be fair, the current squad of players are great in my opinion. Every week I read something in the Argus of the good they are doing in the community in the name of Newport County. Think Mickey Demetriou is donating his Spurs match shirt to a raffle to raise money for a kids hospital ward this week for example.

The amount of good news stories I see about Newport County in the press these days is brilliant, and where that is concerned the trust has got it absolutely spot on. Think these boys do care about the club to be fair to them, but at the end of the day it's a job these days. Back in the early 80's a fair few of our lads were local boys (Jones, Lowndes, Plumley, Vaughan, etc). Would love to see that happen again, but think the chances are slim with the way football is now unfortunately.

I agree with ncfc the game has changed and also agree that this group of players are great and you can tell that they care for our club. Flynny is spot on when he talks about valuing a happy environment, trust me I've worked in good and bad environments and if you want to come to work it's worth more than a few extra quid in the pocket. For what it's worth and I haven't missed many games home or away I think we've got a amber in the blood squad and you can tell it matters when they lose.

Exile 1976 wrote:

What a ******* good post.

I fecking agree :lol:

supporter wrote:I agree with ncfc the game has changed and also agree that this group of players are great and you can tell that they care for our club. Flynny is spot on when he talks about valuing a happy environment, trust me I've worked in good and bad environments and if you want to come to work it's worth more than a few extra quid in the pocket. For what it's worth and I haven't missed many games home or away I think we've got a amber in the blood squad and you can tell it matters when they lose.
I think there's a concerted effort to get 'good news about the County' out there in the media. The Board need to be congratulated on that.

I know it was only a 10 second slot but there was a BBC Wales report on the County game today on their breakfast news programme. It showed Flynny and the boys doing some work in training and they were all smiles and having a good time. That is the sort of stuff that needs to be projected in the media. Hoping for a positive result today. Cmon the County.