Re: Robbie calling out Neil Cork

whoareya wrote:
SULLY34 wrote: Because the thread is about Robbie, that is who I will comment about. He had a very good game yesterday, one of his better games. I was praising him, something I don't always do. He lacks the confidence to beat a man or take a shot. He found himself in some great positions yesterday to take the full back on or take a shot....he didn't, very frustrating.
I wonder why that is ...............................?
Confidence or lack of ability ? Which are you implying ? :) :)

The Newport wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:First of all I am not worried one bit by what Mr Wilmott posts on Twitter because I may say a few things that upset him. He is supposed to be a 'professional'....Act like one !!!!!!

Strange how he only posts after he has had a half decent game for a change... why didn't he post it last week after his ' crap performance' against Crewe ? (IMO)

In fact if Mr Flynn has anything about him should be having a word with him for what I feel is very 'unprofessional behaviour ' by one of his players 'calling out a fan of over 45 years '... I wont go to the training ground to ' have it out wit you ' just because you don't like what I say about your performances just like I wont get an apology off you for unprofessional ism in calling me out. IMO..
To all the others who think its clever to call me a 'troll'.......No I am not , I am a fan of the club for over 45 years who has spent many , many thousands of pounds supporting the club home and away and I have a right to have my views of the players who get paid to play for the club I support. If I feel that they don't play very well I don'y care whether they agree or not , I have the right to criticise them as long as I don't get personnel, as I believe I don't , or say anything .
Dont worry MR Willmott , my criticism will continue if you continue to play poor (IMO) and I dont give a toss if it upsets you. I am certainly not scared to meet you.... Shut up and do your job you get paid top do and stop posting on twitter trying to 'call out a fan' because you dont like a bit of criticism...Grow up and act like a man..

So you have been supporting Newport County since 1973 or 1974 is that right?
yes thats correct.........do i win a prize ?

I see that I have made the 5 things section in the local comic because of Willmott's tweet

great reporting from them....getting their news off her :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They give the negative side coming from me but fail to mention him swearing at fans...you know the ones who pay his wages...#absoluteclowns
I have emailed them to point this out.I await their reply :lol: :lol:

County ranger wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:I also witnessed him telling the fans to "F Off".

I didn't like seeing that but at the same time I didn't hear what those fans were shouting at Robbie.

I think he's just a sensitive guy and the negative criticism seems to effect him.

So let's get behind him, after all just as Mr Cork claims he genuinely cares about the club too.
I don't think telling fans who pay hard earned cash to watch professionals to F@@@ off is a reason to get behind him - he has done this before. For me he is an average player played fine yesterday but he gets stick partly for reasons beyond his control. He is in some ways too much of a utility payer so what role does he play - best for me out wide and there are too many on here who praise his every breath which irritates people who call it more as it is.
The club should take action against him for comments to fans and the tweet.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't condoning his actions, it was disappointing to see.

However these guys don't live in a millionaire's bubble like their Premier League counterparts, so they do take our feedback more personally.

We've had a brilliant season so we should lay off the guys a bit.

If it has reached the local rag Flynn as manager has to take some responsible decisions. If Willmott does have some mental health issues it becomes even more important to rest him - pull him out of the conflict he has helped create with his behaviour both on the pitch and on social media to fans. It will give time for everyone to chill a bit and for something else to become the topic of debate.

If he has any sort of mental health issues I would wish him nothing but happiness in sorting himself out...

If my criticism of him has driven him ' close to the edge' then I will apologise but as a fan how are we to know this unless we are told?

I just say it as I see it...he had a 'purple patch' for about six or seven games when he did well but the vast majority of the time I believe his performances haven't been anywhere near the standard required but he seems to have the support of the manager and the team gets altered around to 'shoehorn him into the side' is what I see.

The post I put on twitter yesterday that seemed to upset him was basically along the lines of that I ''couldn't believe that Sheehan had been dropped in favour of him after Sheehan had scored in the last two games and did well and IMO he didn't play well last week'' I said I didn't understand the love in that MF seems to have with him''
Would that send anyone over the edge ??? If it has I apologise for it

neilcork68 wrote:
The Newport wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:First of all I am not worried one bit by what Mr Wilmott posts on Twitter because I may say a few things that upset him. He is supposed to be a 'professional'....Act like one !!!!!!

Strange how he only posts after he has had a half decent game for a change... why didn't he post it last week after his ' crap performance' against Crewe ? (IMO)

In fact if Mr Flynn has anything about him should be having a word with him for what I feel is very 'unprofessional behaviour ' by one of his players 'calling out a fan of over 45 years '... I wont go to the training ground to ' have it out wit you ' just because you don't like what I say about your performances just like I wont get an apology off you for unprofessional ism in calling me out. IMO..
To all the others who think its clever to call me a 'troll'.......No I am not , I am a fan of the club for over 45 years who has spent many , many thousands of pounds supporting the club home and away and I have a right to have my views of the players who get paid to play for the club I support. If I feel that they don't play very well I don'y care whether they agree or not , I have the right to criticise them as long as I don't get personnel, as I believe I don't , or say anything .
Dont worry MR Willmott , my criticism will continue if you continue to play poor (IMO) and I dont give a toss if it upsets you. I am certainly not scared to meet you.... Shut up and do your job you get paid top do and stop posting on twitter trying to 'call out a fan' because you dont like a bit of criticism...Grow up and act like a man..

So you have been supporting Newport County since 1973 or 1974 is that right?
yes thats correct.........do i win a prize ?

Is your middle name "Leslie"?

Neil, Sheehan plays down the middle Wilmott plays out wide, the players in Sheehan's position were Dolan and Tozer, a change of formation yesterday produced a top performance so Flynny called it right. The games changed its about the squad and as I've said before we've now got a squad where every player can do a job, we haven't had that for 2 seasons, we're way ahead of this time last year and I think we'll be stronger next season with a sensible budget increase possible because of the fa cup run.

neilcork68 wrote:If he has any sort of mental health issues I would wish him nothing but happiness in sorting himself out...

If my criticism of him has driven him ' close to the edge' then I will apologise but as a fan how are we to know this unless we are told?

I just say it as I see it...he had a 'purple patch' for about six or seven games when he did well but the vast majority of the time I believe his performances haven't been anywhere near the standard required but he seems to have the support of the manager and the team gets altered around to 'shoehorn him into the side' is what I see.

The post I put on twitter yesterday that seemed to upset him was basically along the lines of that I ''couldn't believe that Sheehan had been dropped in favour of him after Sheehan had scored in the last two games and did well and IMO he didn't play well last week'' I said I didn't understand the love in that MF seems to have with him''
Would that send anyone over the edge ??? If it has I apologise for it
I agree with your shoehorn comment - that is part of the problem and how you describe your tweet is a fair reflection of reality. I do not think you are the villain here a professional sports man has told fans to f@@@ off and I think suggested a confrontation you pay your money you are entitled to an opinion you go to a restaurant get s@@@ food you complain you go to a match get a s@@@ performance you complain that's life!

Exile 1976 wrote:I don't think Willmott should be fined or disciplined for the tweet as it's not a menacing 'come and say that to my face' type tweet but a genuine offer to come and chat....
the telling fans to '**** off' however....

As I have said to many on here , I can take any flak coming my way if you disagree with my views, I just take it and its ' water off a ducks back ' , I wouldn't want him fined or disciplined for his tweet because they are his views and he is entitled to them , even though I took unbelievable stick from his followers.....Been called almost everything by them but that means b ugger all to me as I put it down to idiots without a brain ( if you read what they said you would understand why I said that.- in fact I could proceed with some of it and take legal action against some of them).

I do however believe he should face some sort of discipline from the club if it is proved he did in fact swear at fans yesterday..... I wasn't anywhere near the reported incident so have no idea what was said to him to react this way... The 'reporters of the incident 'haven't said that any comments made to him were out of order ( eg racist , homophobic , personnel etc) so if its just their views that he wasn't playing very good and he disagreed then he should be disciplined for it.
Like it or not , they are entitled to their views and they pay his wages..

neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I don't think Willmott should be fined or disciplined for the tweet as it's not a menacing 'come and say that to my face' type tweet but a genuine offer to come and chat....
the telling fans to '**** off' however....

As I have said to many on here , I can take any flak coming my way if you disagree with my views, I just take it and its ' water off a ducks back ' , I wouldn't want him fined or disciplined for his tweet because they are his views and he is entitled to them , even though I took unbelievable stick from his followers.....Been called almost everything by them but that means b ugger all to me as I put it down to idiots without a brain ( if you read what they said you would understand why I said that.- in fact I could proceed with some of it and take legal action against some of them).

I do however believe he should face some sort of discipline from the club if it is proved he did in fact swear at fans yesterday..... I wasn't anywhere near the reported incident so have no idea what was said to him to react this way... The 'reporters of the incident 'haven't said that any comments made to him were out of order ( eg racist , homophobic , personnel etc) so if its just their views that he wasn't playing very good and he disagreed then he should be disciplined for it.
Like it or not , they are entitled to their views and they pay his wages..
If Robbie is disciplined for swearing at a fan or fans, then do you also believe that fans should be ejected or banned for swearing at players? Love to see how that would be implemented!