Police at football grounds.

Do you think the police have got better or not in the way they police games over the last 30yrs
And thinking about how the police handled that very sad game game at hillsborugh when all them liverpool fans died sadly, and how the very high ranking police officers lied on oath to try and cover everything up. Has anybody on this forum been a victim of bad police at any football matches, only asking as i had a very very bad time back about 30yrs ago when county beat wallsaw 4-2 at wallsaw ,tommy tynan, john aldridge both scored. I was allmost killed by the police and they cover.d it all up by being so corrupt and lies. Any stories at all about how bad the police were then or now please. Thanks.

Re: Police at football grounds.

I find the police have it just about right, although first time I went to Loftus Road was over 30 years ago to watch Cardiff City with my mate. I found the police were very heavy handed, and spoiled for me what was a good day out. I promised myself I'd go back someday and did, and followed Rangers ever since. On the flip side of the coin, visiting Cardiff City now as an away fan, the police at Cardiff are just brilliant. Nice little penned in arrival area for away fans.... funny reaction when they say, "you're a local boy surely going by your accent?".... so SW police better than MET in my experience.
If anything, it's the stewards that go over the top. When you watch football on TV, all you see all around the country is stewards panicking cos a goal's been scored, and a player wants to celebrate with his OWN fans!

Re: Police at football grounds.

I agree with you newgroundrodney, on the way some of the stewards over react at some grounds, little bit of power seems to go to there heads and they get over exited when a team scores, reminds me of a time over 30yrs ago when county had to beat walsal to get promoted at walsals ground, county won 4-2
Tynan,,aldridge scored. I got done over big time by the police up there,