Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v STEVENAGE

The most worrying thing for me is that our midfield partnership remains unchanged after the last 4 or 5 games.

I like both Tozer and Dolan but they don’t make a good partnership for me. Tozer is much better in defence than midfield for starters.

Sheehan just has to start. He’s the only one in our squad who seems capable of actually putting the ball on the floor and looking for a pass - is that really such a difficult task? Pipe is the only other one who even looks capable of playing football to me.

Poor performance today. No-one made their keeper work - every shot or header either went wide, over or into the keeper's hands.
A few decent spells of passing but very little creativity up front.
Though Day was inconsistent, apart from a couple of decent saves he flapped at everything.
Tozer would get my MOTM vote, good workrate and defending. Thought Jackson did ok when he came on.
2 bright points for me tho - my son picked up a Junior Player of the Year award and I won 2nd prize in the 50/50 draw.

Finally, I thought today's referee had a poor game. Missed 2 blatant handballs, overruled his assistant on a throw-in decisions, didn't play the advantage when he should have. The only things he got right were the yellow cards.

Enjoy the weekend all

You're right about the shirt pulling. Also defenders from both teams shoving the attackers in the back before going up for headers always go unchallenged.

I thought the Chavenage defender with the girly hair tied back should have got 2 yellows in the first half.

If i refereed as badly as that guy today when I do local parks games I would get rightly criticised and moved to lower standard games.

rncfc wrote:Thought Willmott played pretty well today. Definitely one of the better ones.

The worrying thing is that the effort is definitely there. We’re just woefully short on quality.

What do you expect with the formation MF is using and the tactics we are playing ?

Examples of this .....( IMO )
White is never a fullback or rarely shines in a back 4
Amond is not a ' target man ' so why use him as one ?
Nouble a winger ???? Yeah right
Tozer a centre midfielder in a two with Dolan. Even at Conference South level they would struggle. Tozer is a centre half
Unless he wanted to or was injured. taking of Pipe and putting on Reid today ??? WTF
Not playing Sheehan
Thinking we are a ' route one team with the team he picks ?
Chasing a game at 1-0 down and his only attacking option is to bring on Jackson ??? Where was Touray or a youth lad ( striker) to cover the injuries we have... we have nothing to play for so why not try one or two of the youth boys out ? Could they perform any worse than some did today ????

for all the plaudits MF has got since taking the job , apart from one or two games recently we have been third best in a two horse race...How can a side play absolutely awful against Crewe , play well against Coventry and then back to that S hite today ?
he maybe a good man manager but as a football tactician I am starting to question his ability?

rncfc wrote:The most worrying thing for me is that our midfield partnership remains unchanged after the last 4 or 5 games.

I like both Tozer and Dolan but they don’t make a good partnership for me. Tozer is much better in defence than midfield for starters.

Sheehan just has to start. He’s the only one in our squad who seems capable of actually putting the ball on the floor and looking for a pass - is that really such a difficult task? Pipe is the only other one who even looks capable of playing football to me.
Agree totally. If you keep on picking Tozer and Dolam in central midfield, you'll end up with similar results. Apart from long throws, Tozer os a very limited player. Dolan gives the ball away far too often. Stop playing the ******* ball long to Amond.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Poor performance today. No-one made their keeper work - every shot or header either went wide, over or into the keeper's hands.
A few decent spells of passing but very little creativity up front.
Though Day was inconsistent, apart from a couple of decent saves he flapped at everything.
Tozer would get my MOTM vote, good workrate and defending. Thought Jackson did ok when he came on.
2 bright points for me tho - my son picked up a Junior Player of the Year award and I won 2nd prize in the 50/50 draw.

Finally, I thought today's referee had a poor game. Missed 2 blatant handballs, overruled his assistant on a throw-in decisions, didn't play the advantage when he should have. The only things he got right were the yellow cards.

Enjoy the weekend all
You honestly thought that Tozer had a good game and Janet Jackson had a good game when she came on ? Should have gone to Specsavers.