Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v STEVENAGE

I did not think I would see a Crewe like performance again this season. With a 4000 crowd a great atmosphere it was spoilt by watching back on The Beach part 2.
The goalkeeping of Day first half was hesitant and inconsistent and with so many thrills and spills which worried our defence. Obviously this gave the Stevenage team especially their strikers more confidence and they exploited the weaknesses on crosses with a free headed goal with a distinct lack of marking.
We created very little chances first half. Amond had the best chance which was chipped over the bar.
County looked disjointed, very careless, pass after pass going back to Stevenage it looked if the opponents were more disciplined, skilful and with a set game plan and what annoyed me especially is except for Butler, Wilmott , White and Demetriou they wanted the win more than us.
I thought the second half could not get worse and there would be a big response from the half time team talk but it did ,although Tozer played much better in a centre back roll.
Dolan could of been playing for Stevenage in midfield the number of times he gave the ball away and the wasted corners giving catching practice to their goalie.
County were so predictable playing a lot of route one football to Amond who to be fair was marked tightly by towering centre backs. He is crying out for a strong, powerful target man to feed off because with Nouble and Collins he was starved of service and assists.
Overall Stevenage were the better side all round the pitch and could of scored more but most of all they were clinical, organised and passionate.
It showed on the side lines Dino was animated, enthusiastic and vocal Flynn was looking like a beaten man with no answers to a side who looked if their bags were packed ready for the beach and for some non league football must be awaiting.

I got to say that was nearly as bad as the crewe game, wot a load of sh--t,, what do you think will happen if we start next season in this sort of form and get just one win in our first 12 games, will flynny go then or do as he is doing at the moment, still living off last years glory.
If yesterdays match was played out my back garden then i would of closed my curtains at half time rather than watch that display.
I think herman munster from the adams family is a much better option upfront for us than frank nouble.

Ado wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Poor performance today. No-one made their keeper work - every shot or header either went wide, over or into the keeper's hands.
A few decent spells of passing but very little creativity up front.
Though Day was inconsistent, apart from a couple of decent saves he flapped at everything.
Tozer would get my MOTM vote, good workrate and defending. Thought Jackson did ok when he came on.
2 bright points for me tho - my son picked up a Junior Player of the Year award and I won 2nd prize in the 50/50 draw.

Finally, I thought today's referee had a poor game. Missed 2 blatant handballs, overruled his assistant on a throw-in decisions, didn't play the advantage when he should have. The only things he got right were the yellow cards.

Enjoy the weekend all
You honestly thought that Tozer had a good game and Janet Jackson had a good game when she came on ? Should have gone to Specsavers.
Yes, defensively I thought Tozer did well particularly defending on the left in tight space. He got Butler and Day (missed header) out of trouble. As a midfielder (if that was his true position) he had no influence.

Jackson won more headers (3) than Armond and Nouble and put himself about in the short space of time he was on the pitch. He and Butler were the only ones with any creative energy in the opposition half.

I tend to agree with other posters about the odd substitutions. Collins looked lively first half until Franck swapped sides and this subdued things but Collins dud at least look like scoring. The game was deffo crying out for a young youth team forward prepared to take on their defence.

First game I've seen since Luton and we were poor. We seemed to have three deep-lying midfielders then an enormous gap to three strikers who in turn were playing as three individuals.

Time and again Butler wanted to take throw-ins up the line but no-one made himself available, so it went backwards and we panicked in possession. I went to Aussie Rules in Sydney last week and some of the play in our area was just as chaotic, but at least they have the excuse the ball isn't round.

Quite liked Reid when he came on. If he could become a 90-minute player I'd like to keep him. I've been one of Frank's biggest fans but if that was a typical recent performance I'm not sure he is earning an extension.

jollysuperstar wrote:Maybe controversial but I would like to see all 3 subs start the next game.

Reid for Pipey
Sheehan for Dolan
Jackson for Frank.
They all were an improvement once on the field.
Robbie takes all the dead balls.
We aren't going up or down and after our previous performances we need a bit of a change.

Day

Reid
Bennett
Demetriou
Butler

Willmott
Sheehan
White
Collins

Jackson
Amond

Bittner
Pipe
O'Brien
Tozer
Dolan
Toure ( Got to give the young lads at 30 mins )
Hayes

Exile 1976 wrote:I'd rather Hayes or Toure in place of Jackson who is awful and not in the slightest bit a goal threat. Also think your midfield is the lightest of light weight mate. That said, something's gotta change, who's to say your line up wouldn't work
It is lightweight and lacks height but even with supposedly taller and stronger players in there we never win the headers etc. I think White would be and excellent ball winner with great distribution. Also at least Jackson wins the headers for Amond to run on to :)