Re: EXILES v STEVENAGE

10.00am - Ticket Office and Club Shop open

Midday - Marquee opens

Midday - Disabled Supporters Association arrive to assist supporters.

12.30pm - Rodney Parade & Maindee School Car Parks open (Car parks close at 2.00pm & 2.15pm respectively)

1.00pm – Newport City Radio Fanzone Opens.

1.00pm – Family Fun Day begins.

1.30pm - Hospitality opens

1.30pm - Programmes and Half Time Draw Tickets on sale

1.30pm - Turnstiles open

2.00pm - Here to Help Volunteers available to assist supporters.

2.00pm - Teams are announced.

2.15pm - Teams come out to warm up.

3.00pm - Kick Off vs Stevenage F.C

3.45pm - Half Time*

4.00pm - Second Half begins*

4.45pm - Full Time*

5.30pm - Ticket Office and Club Shop closes

* Times are not exact as the referee can award a different length of added time at the end of each half.

From Argus:-
FORMER Newport County AFC assistant manager Dino Maamria admits he and Graham Westley deserved to be sacked last season.

The duo were shown the door in March 2017 with County 11 points from safety at the bottom of the League Two table.

And Maamria, who returns to Rodney Parade for the first time tomorrow as the new manager of Stevenage, says he cannot argue with the board’s decision to axe him and number one Westley 13 months ago.

“I had a great time at Newport,” said the Tunisian. “I felt it was a brilliant club but that is probably the first time I leave a club with no resentment because we gave everything, and we were poor.

“As a management team we were poor and we did not do justice for the club and we were rightly sacked because were not good enough for that job at that time and it was difficult for us.”

While Michael Flynn orchestrated the Great Escape from relegation, Westley was out of work for 11 months.

In January he took over at this season’s basement boys Barnet but was sacked after just 11 games last month with the Bees still bottom.

Maamria took over at National League North club Nuneaton Town last October and their steady rise up the table earned him a return to Stevenage last month.

The 46-year-old was previously a player, coach and assistant manager at Boro under Westley and has now taken over the top job from Darren Sarll.

He enjoyed his first win – a 4-1 thumping of local rivals Barnet on Monday – and he’s looking forward to his return to Newport.

“Obviously they are having a brilliant season, I am delighted to see them do well,” he said.

“I love Mike Flynn, I have a good relationship with him, I have got a good relationship with lots of the players there and I have got a very good relationship with the supporters as well.

“It is good to see them do well this season, they have bounced back.

“I still think they have got a chance of the play-offs, so I am sure Saturday will be their last chance.

“They will be up for it, it is a tough place Newport, always has been, the fans get behind them and hopefully we can keep them quiet."

I was intrigued by his set piece routines and the bemusement of the opposition on who to mark.Especially the one where we had four players on the near post,then they would all run out,then back in.Not sure why he stopped using these,maybe we didn't score from them.Great to watch them,will he try them tomorrow.

newgroundrodney wrote:I really hope Dino gets a reasonably welcoming reception cos I felt he quite liked the County fans...and they liked him I think.
The man was a bully. Have a read of Butlers piece in the argus and you may get an idea of his dislike for him. Certain players were singled out by him and his mate and routinely slaughtered. I personally don’t boo or abuse anyone but I certainly won’t be applauding him either.

George Cod wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I really hope Dino gets a reasonably welcoming reception cos I felt he quite liked the County fans...and they liked him I think.
The man was a bully. Have a read of Butlers piece in the argus and you may get an idea of his dislike for him. Certain players were singled out by him and his mate and routinely slaughtered. I personally don’t boo or abuse anyone but I certainly won’t be applauding him either.
Yes I totally agree some of the stories that leaked out it’s a wonder someone didn’t snap and wrap a bat around his swede