Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

some of us remember what its like to have real rivalries in south wales & with both Bristol clubs & to a certain degree with Swindon, we haven't always been the lowest ranked club amongst the above, & I for one didn't foresee a time when people bought half & half scarves & held hands with that lot twelve miles down the road & the jacks. as for Wrexham they are 140 miles away can you imagine Watford considering stoke city as rivals?

UTP I've always liked Warnock because he says it as it is, however he let himself down yesterday. Lets be honest the Wolves manager has just witnessed a remarkable end to the game, he's shown passion and emotion, please never lose that from the game. He apologized straight away, Warnock was p!ss poor in his interview even Gabbiddon said he should've accepted the apology.

RedandAmber wrote:
aberexile wrote:Don't get the anti-Cardiff thing. A bit naive if you ask me. Like England when they play Germany. We are no rivals to Cardiff and England were rivals to Germany once, in 1966. Time to embrace our neighbours I say, and the players we'll get off them on loan!!
Genuine question ...Are you from Newport ?
By that do you mean I can only understand the hatred of Cardiff if I'm from Newport?

To be honest, if you can't score penalties late in a game to set up a dramatic finish you don't deserve to win.
But I don't hate Cardiff - although as a QPR fan I should - and as i said before, when we played them early in the season at the CCS, Cardiff City were absolutely fabulous. We could do nothing with them - they were sublime at times.

Personally I want to see every Welsh club in the Pyramid reach its highest level it can attain, so for me, I'll be happy if City go up, and wrexham come up...
In this day and age, I don't think seeing Swansea & Cardiff in the top flight, and Newport & Wrexham in The Championship is too much to hope for.....not yet of course, but in time.

The only thing that spoiled my 'away' trip to Cardiff, was Junior Hoillet goading the QPR fans when he scored......he was an absolute legend for getting the ball over to Zamora to score.
Similarly to Pipe's cross for O'Brien to score.... legend. Then imagine David Pipe going to Swindon and celebrating and goading us when he scored, THAT's what it felt like when Hoillet did it!

Doesn't change the fact that I want City to go up.......and I'm sure they're already there in reality!