Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Posts

600

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby Justanordinaryfan » April 10th, 2018, 10:35 pm

I could understand the rivalry 30 years ago when we were actually competing against them and vying for promotion with them (the two legged victory against them in the league cup when we had to concede home advantage is still reo of my favourite nights) .... but Fook me we are several leagues below them now .... we got enough of our shite to worry about than them??
User avatar
User

CTY74

Posts

48

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby CTY74 » April 11th, 2018, 12:45 am

Oh well so what if we do, we'll still be playing in the Championship & playing at our own ground??
Our situation UTP is one you can only ever dream of, competing at the top end of the Championship at the 'Wales National Football Stadium'!!
It's also so jovial that you & some of your fellow fans are so hypocritical about Cardiff City you welcome in open arms when we loan you players but yet you hate Cardiff City!
It's also laughable how a 'MOD' expresses his views like a school kid
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

5342

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby pembsexile » April 11th, 2018, 6:32 am

Please keep up CTY 74. UTP is not a 'Mod' on this board.

Hate is a very strong word. Intensely dislike as in 'I couldn't give a stuff about the club with its badly behaved manager' would be more appropriate when you talk about 'your fellow fans'.
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

16934

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 11th, 2018, 7:56 am

CTY74 wrote:Oh well so what if we do, we'll still be playing in the Championship & playing at our own ground??
Our situation UTP is one you can only ever dream of, competing at the top end of the Championship at the 'Wales National Football Stadium'!!
It's also so jovial that you & some of your fellow fans are so hypocritical about Cardiff City you welcome in open arms when we loan you players but yet you hate Cardiff City!
It's also laughable how a 'MOD' expresses his views like a school kid


Ha it hurt that much you had to come on a League 2 sides MB

And what hurts them most is that Swansea are the Premier side in Wales well established now as well

Now jog on son
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Posts

600

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby Justanordinaryfan » April 11th, 2018, 9:05 am

Don’t believe what I’m reading
no avatar
User

supporter

Posts

230

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby supporter » April 11th, 2018, 12:38 pm

I think the feeling is best illustrated in the following story. Me and my brother went to the Wales Austria game last year, about 30 mins in this bonehead appears spitting venom and pointing over our right shoulders. We thought what was all that about so we looked over and spotted a welsh dragon flag with a Swan on it. 5 minutes later he reappears going nuts cue the following conversation- what's your problem mate?- well there's a Jack flag over there- yeah and?- well it's our fackin stadium!- not tonight it ain't mate we're all welsh together- what you both Jacks are you? No mate we're from Newport now f@ck off which he duly did. That's why I feel so strongly about them.
User avatar
User

Bush

Posts

7347

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby Bush » April 11th, 2018, 1:50 pm

I hope Cardiff go up. Two Welsh teams in the premier league gives fantastic opportunities for those Welsh lads in their academies to not only play premier league 2 fixtures against stronger opposition but it also gives them the chance to potentially be premier league players full stop. I don't understand how you can claim to be a welsh fan and not want our young welsh players to have the best opportunities available.

I cant stand Cardiff and I really cant stand those Swansea idiots but I do want to see my national team do well.
no avatar
User

supporter

Posts

230

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby supporter » April 11th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Bush I also want to see the national team do well and agree if Cardiff are in the prem then it would benefit us though how many Welsh players will break through remains to be seen. My comments are of a personal experience at a recent world cup qualifier and wasn't the first time I've witnessed them throwing their weight around. They'll never change, they're the bully boy club of Welsh football and I don't like bullies. For the record I've been to every euro and world cup home qualifier for the last two campaigns, travelled around Europe and went to the euros.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

2992

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby rncfc » April 11th, 2018, 3:02 pm

I couldn’t give a rats arse if they go up or not. If they lost in the play off final that would be mildly amusing for about 10 seconds and then I’d just get on with my day. If they went up I wouldn’t really care.
User avatar
User

Bush

Posts

7347

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby Bush » April 11th, 2018, 4:14 pm

supporter wrote:Bush I also want to see the national team do well and agree if Cardiff are in the prem then it would benefit us though how many Welsh players will break through remains to be seen. My comments are of a personal experience at a recent world cup qualifier and wasn't the first time I've witnessed them throwing their weight around. They'll never change, they're the bully boy club of Welsh football and I don't like bullies. For the record I've been to every euro and world cup home qualifier for the last two campaigns, travelled around Europe and went to the euros.


Mate I had a death threat against me when I worked at Swansea. Both sets of fans are clowns who I would love to see continually experience failure. Unfortunately I want to see their welsh players especially the academy boys do well.
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5886

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby newgroundrodney » April 11th, 2018, 4:34 pm

Well statistically, I still have Cardiff City at 2nd in the table, on 89.76 pts....then Fulham on 88.71, then Villa on 83.24, then some way back to Derby on 78.20
Obviously Cardiff could have done with taking 3 points off either Wolves Or Villa, but I do think / hope they "come again" in dog racing parlance , and end up finishing 2nd.
I'm not sure they'd do it via the Play-Offs, needs to be automatic for City in my opinion, but however they go up, I hope they go up.
It can only be justification for all Welsh teams in the Pyramid to reach as high a level as possible......remember, we DO have an alternative, we don't HAVE to play in England!
I'm not interested in any knock affect for international football, cos I couldn't give a flying one about any international aspects of our game.
I couldn't give a shit if Wales won the World Cup, or finished bottom in a group on 0 points just behind Pitcairn Islands.
no avatar
User

supporter

Posts

230

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby supporter » April 11th, 2018, 5:44 pm

Yep I agree with that Bush I'd love to see them bring the youngsters through for the good of the national team but they're not a club I like, though I think you might already have gathered that lol.
no avatar
User

aberexile

Posts

270

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby aberexile » April 11th, 2018, 6:29 pm

supporter wrote:I think the feeling is best illustrated in the following story. Me and my brother went to the Wales Austria game last year, about 30 mins in this bonehead appears spitting venom and pointing over our right shoulders. We thought what was all that about so we looked over and spotted a welsh dragon flag with a Swan on it. 5 minutes later he reappears going nuts cue the following conversation- what's your problem mate?- well there's a Jack flag over there- yeah and?- well it's our fackin stadium!- not tonight it ain't mate we're all welsh together- what you both Jacks are you? No mate we're from Newport now f@ck off which he duly did. That's why I feel so strongly about them.


Wow! I'm not surprised you feel so strongly about all Cardiff fans after that, mate. I'm sure none us would want Cardiff to do well after that one isolated experience :roll:
no avatar
User

supporter

Posts

230

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby supporter » April 11th, 2018, 6:38 pm

Aberexile if you read my next post I said it wasn't the first time I'd experienced this type of behaviour from the bully boy club of Wales. Are you really saying you think this guy was a lone ranger and no other Cardiff fan shares his views. Personally I think its a jealousy thing because the Jacks are in the prem.
no avatar
User

aberexile

Posts

270

Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Postby aberexile » April 11th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Supporter on what grounds are they the bully boy club of Wales? That's not been my experience. Every club has a few supporters who, shall we say, aren't all that nice - including us. So, I take it you don't like Cardiff because of their fans?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kevin Ward, lionelvc, owlsabout, Percy plunkett, SULLY34, Whineyrebel and 69 guests

Powered by phpBB ®