Re: Wilmot set to leave

So ..... someone finds it funny to post that probably our best "utility" player who will do a job anywhere on the pitch wants to move on ?

Well .... can you blame him ?
Some of the criticism of Wilmott on here is , frankly , RIDICULOUS !
The guy can play anywhere on the pitch quite comfortably .
His best position is out wide , but he's a
"Utility player"
Keep it going Robbie boy !!!
:cheers:

Cannot understand the grief Robbie gets.
One of our best players all season.
Fella is 100% County and we here "not up to league 2 standard".
Tell that to Leeds and First game Spurs players.
Had one bad game at Wembley as did most of the boys (shame) but hell of a place to play against quality opposition.
Notice he is quite high on MOM table also way ahead of Dolan, Tozer, Amond, Frank etc

Exile 1976 wrote:Some of the grief he gets is ott, BUT, and I like Robbie he's a decent enough League 2 winger, if you think the only bad game he's had is against Spurs at Wembley then you have a) Not seen many games this season or b) Clueless.
Seen most home games plus FGR, Swindon away plus Wembley.
Appreciate the insult thanks.
Does a job as instructed by his manager who correct me if I am wrong has not dropped him once.
If you have faith in Flynny likewise with Robbie.
ps Appreciate you do think he is league 2 standard.

I can't comment on Robbie directly as I haven't seen enough of him, also this is probably a bit simplistic but it's a view I've held for many years about wingers. Going back to Andy White.

If a winger has the beating of the full back he looks like a world beater. If he doesn't have the beating of his marker he looks like a cart-horse. It applies to all positions but to those players who rely on beating their marker it does so in spades.

Just a thought, other views are available.

Loyalfoot wrote:Why can't people just get off his back. It's crazy how some people have to have a dig all the time.
It's a pity you weren't around and didnt have the chance to be on the forum at the same time as a poster who is now banned - the two of you could have filled up pages and pages egging on one another in your support of the player.

So if supporters go to games home and away and have a view of players then sobeit.

Imo he's OK, nothing special.