Some unpleasant facts.

Our first 13 games this season yielded 24 points.

Had we continued at that rate we would now have 74 points. As it is the second tranche of 13 games yielded just 15 points as did the the third tranche of 13 games. However three straight wins at the beginning of January rather skews that. Our last 12 games have yielded 9 points.

Further whilst I can't comment on individual games or players having only seen County five times this season, those supporters who do vote for the man of the match have Labadie and White as first and second place as our players of the season.

Serious question. Many on here seem to believe that next season we will with a few tweaks be challenging for promotion next season. I clearly think that Mike Flynn bubble has burst and that whilst his achievements last season and at the beginning of this season mean that he should be allowed to have a summer to build a team, that he should now start to be as open to being criticised as any other manager.

Seriously I don't doubt for one moment that the flak will be forthcoming but someone has to say this. Michael Flynn can't keep blaming, the players, the fans or the referees. Put simply, for too long Michael Flynn has been in charge of a plummeting team, Butcher, Feeney and Hudson were sacked for this type of form, sooner or later we all have to accept that Michael Flynn can't forever rest on his laurels.

Re: Some unpleasant facts.

I'm certainly starting to scratch my head when he continues to pick Dolan and Tozer in the centre of the park. His substiutions are poor as well - no idea why he took Collins off yesterday, he was the only forward who looked like creating anything. As you say, you can only blame referees so much. Here's hoping the summer signings are better than the January ones. If not, the pressure will soon be on if the current form continues. Let's just pray that Nouble, Jackson, Dolan and Tozer go in the summer - crying out for central midfielders. I wonder how TOE is doing on loan ? I also think we need a young and up and coming goalkeeper as back up to Day.

Agree on Tozer and Dolan.

Tozer looks infinitely better as a centre back and Dolan looks ok in patches, but together they don’t work.

Not sure what the answer is, but I’d be trying new things at the moment. Our central midfield looks slow, cumbersome and pretty tame for me - can’t fault the effort all that being said.

MF has done a marvellous job in keeping us up and the cup run but he has made many mistakes as well.Team selection and tactics and his blind faith in Nouble are a few.He uses the "I love Newport "ticket too much while securing an improved four year contract for himself.I hope he does brilliant for us which would mean the club would get compensation if he moved on to better things.My worry is if Brendan is right,it would now cost us a fortune to sack him.

daftasfxxx wrote:Well wrote Stan, much better put than anothers posters* hang your head in shame" thread.
You could argue that the FA cup run done us this season and the players seem to have headed to the beach two months early since then.

Like it or not i couldn't give a 'F' about your views if your comments were aimed at me
If I were a manager of a team that performed like we did against Crewe or Stevenage I would be embarrassed and I would hang my 'head with shame' because I would question my ability as to why they did play so poorly.ALL players have bad games and off days but the whole team twice ??? I would feel really let down by my players if it happened and question whether they really want to play under my stewardship....
My professional pride would be seriously hurt as to why the team I set up , gave instructions too and chose played so bad.You can blame his inexperience as a manager , you can blame whatever you like , even me but that team played without heart , commitment and passion on those occasions...Why was that is the most important question MF needs to ask himself ???

Percy plunkett wrote:MF has done a marvellous job in keeping us up and the cup run but he has made many mistakes as well.Team selection and tactics and his blind faith in Nouble are a few.He uses the "I love Newport "ticket too much while securing an improved four year contract for himself.I hope he does brilliant for us which would mean the club would get compensation if he moved on to better things.My worry is if Brendan is right,it would now cost us a fortune to sack him.
I have no idea how long Michael Flynn's contract is for, for the sake of completeness it was not I who has said four years.

I have been informed that he is earning between £110,000 and £120,000 per annum. I have also been informed that the average wages for a League 2 manager, is in the region of £70,000pa. That is what Butcher was paid, Feeney did the job for £55,000.

Whilst I am confident that these figures are correct, my source has been accurate in the past, I doubt somehow we will ever be told officially.