Re: Transfer targets

Shame. I’m not suggesting we were in the market for Pell but there must have been quite a few potentially exciting signings we’ve missed out on over the years. I recall that Pat Lally (a tough midfielder) was rumoured to be coming to us from Swansea City in the late 70s but the move didn’t materialise. Can’t complain about the majority of the Swansea players we signed at the time though - Kevin Moore and Dave Bruton for example.

somerton moss wrote:See Ryan Broom a 21 year old Newport born midfielder has just been released by Bristol Rovers was at their academy. Out on loan in 2018 at Eastleigh played 8 times and scored 3 times.
Anyone know more about him ? Worth a punt ?
Can he also play Sweeper? :oops:

Caerleon Exile wrote:
somerton moss wrote:See Ryan Broom a 21 year old Newport born midfielder has just been released by Bristol Rovers was at their academy. Out on loan in 2018 at Eastleigh played 8 times and scored 3 times.
Anyone know more about him ? Worth a punt ?
Can he also play Sweeper? :oops:

Get your coat ! :lol: :lol:

somerton moss wrote:
somerton moss wrote:Bruno Andrade of Boreham Wood a midfielder with skill and has scored 18 goals this season only 24 a Portuguese talent must bring in this type of quality.
Midfield / Striker not many out there.
Luke Coulson of Ebbsfleet is a winger who can score and assist has provided many goals for prolific Danny Kedwell a potential striker ? Do not judge a striker by his age ask Akinfenwa and Ellison !
Andrade scores again tonight and our own Turley for Boreham Wood against Fylde AFC in play offs.
We need to aim higher Christian Jolly skilful goal scoring talent in National League scoring a top class goal to earn promotion for his team - utter crap at L2 level.

I'm with Somerton on this one - non league is where we need to look. Jolley failed but what about Washington who came from leagues below? Eisa this season at Cheltenham will go even higher and came from Greenwich - no poont gettiing journeymen lower level players - better off getting a forward with goal scoring record from lower divisions , hungry with something to prove -

The NCFC Hippy wrote:I'm with Somerton on this one - non league is where we need to look. Jolley failed but what about Washington who came from leagues below? Eisa this season at Cheltenham will go even higher and came from Greenwich - no poont gettiing journeymen lower level players - better off getting a forward with goal scoring record from lower divisions , hungry with something to prove -
They are so hard to find and you need to kiss a lot of frogs to find the prince - Lamar Reynolds?

somerton moss wrote:Keanu Marsh Brown just released by FGR certainly would add to our squad a lot of pace and can score.
Can play winger and attacking midfield. Also Tom Miller from Carlisle certainly played well against us in defence earlier in the season good defensive cover ?
The Tom Miller who JE thought wasn't good enough for us in the Conference.

Percy plunkett wrote:
somerton moss wrote:Keanu Marsh Brown just released by FGR certainly would add to our squad a lot of pace and can score.
Can play winger and attacking midfield. Also Tom Miller from Carlisle certainly played well against us in defence earlier in the season good defensive cover ?
The Tom Miller who JE thought wasn't good enough for us in the Conference.
I'm in agreement with Edinburgh.

I never thought I'd be writing those words...