Re: Transfer targets

County ranger wrote:I am amazed with this bring back ex players - in recent years we have escaped regulation by a whisker with the rubbish some now want back in the team squad. Few have gone on to better things after been released a couple transferred out or who have let their contracts run out have but none of these are unwanted by their current clubs - funny that!
Unlikely to be feasible, but I'd deffo like to bring Mark Byrne and Ryan Jackson back.

Ado wrote:
County ranger wrote:I am amazed with this bring back ex players - in recent years we have escaped regulation by a whisker with the rubbish some now want back in the team squad. Few have gone on to better things after been released a couple transferred out or who have let their contracts run out have but none of these are unwanted by their current clubs - funny that!
Unlikely to be feasible, but I'd deffo like to bring Mark Byrne and Ryan Jackson back.
I would have kept both so I clearly see your point. However when people choose to move on my view is that whilst I wish them the best they have chosen to leave and that should be final. Otherwise players will take the view that they can move on and if it doesn't work out then we are a safety net. They in effect are bigger than the club.

I mentioned Tutonda merely as someone known to the manager and available (and could be cheap). Plus we need cover in the full-back positions (as I seem to have said every year since County got promoted).

Generally I'm agreement with not taking back players who have moved on, but Pipe has been better second time around...

SULLY34 wrote:
The likes of Boden, Elito and Samuel who were offered contracts thought the grass was greener. They weren't the only ones.
More fail than improve.
3 exceptions would be Hughes, Byrne and Rodman who have gone forward.
Expect Ayinya is getting a fortune in Italy albeit at similar level to us.

But these ex players fall into two categories. Permanent signings, whom we've signed in the knowledge of their capabilities, and loanees that we've taken a punt on possibly because they've come from a club higher up the pyramid. The latter have tended to be disappointing.

jollysuperstar wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
The likes of Boden, Elito and Samuel who were offered contracts thought the grass was greener. They weren't the only ones.
More fail than improve.
Rodman ? He was constantly injured when he was with us.

jollysuperstar wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
More fail than improve.
What about Lee Evans, Connor Washington and (arguably) Gary Warren? Ex-County players that also went forward...

somerton moss wrote:Bruno Andrade of Boreham Wood a midfielder with skill and has scored 18 goals this season only 24 a Portuguese talent must bring in this type of quality.
Midfield / Striker not many out there.
Luke Coulson of Ebbsfleet is a winger who can score and assist has provided many goals for prolific Danny Kedwell a potential striker ? Do not judge a striker by his age ask Akinfenwa and Ellison !

Andrade has signed for Lincoln ...

Percy plunkett wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:Alex Samizadeh released by Kilmarnock.

Young, powerful target man, bags of pace & ice cool finishing.

Worth a trial minimum.
Why? Couple of games for Kilmarnock no goals,two games for Bolton no goals but two goals for the mighty Chorley.
Because the boy's got talent.