Re: Transfer targets

Percy plunkett wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Stating the obvious there but that's not hard to beat is it?
Didn't you put money on Reynolds being top scorer and say Jackson would be brilliant this season.
Not me.

Jackson has to go
2 seasons no goals and injury prone.
Reynolds a totally different case.
Not handled correctly this year palmed off to JE who never used him.
Should of stayed here and learnt his trade.
Poor treatment.

jollysuperstar wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Stating the obvious there but that's not hard to beat is it?
Didn't you put money on Reynolds being top scorer and say Jackson would be brilliant this season.
Not me.

Jackson has to go
2 seasons no goals and injury prone.
Reynolds a totally different case.
Not handled correctly this year palmed off to JE who never used him.
Should of stayed here and learnt his trade.
Poor treatment.
Reynolds already failed at two conference clubs. Signs for league two club as this amazing talent that county beat all these other teams to. Struggles at Newport county and is sent to his third conference side where he fails again. Why do people think there is potential there? He’s not a kid either.

jollysuperstar wrote:Thought he came from way down the pyramid.
What 2 clubs in the Conference did he play for?
Thought he was only a youngster
He’s about 23 I think. Not a teenager like people seem to make out. I think I read last year he was on trial at two conference aides over the years but never got a deal.

Bush wrote:
He’s about 23 I think. Not a teenager like people seem to make out. I think I read last year he was on trial at two conference aides over the years but never got a deal.
Wiki
22 no mention of any Conference Clubs.
No idea where in the pyramid these are but before County it was.
Ishtmian leaue North twice
Ishtmian Premier.
Finally Essex Senior league where he got 26 goals from hence signing for us.

jollysuperstar wrote:
Bush wrote:
Wiki
22 no mention of any Conference Clubs.
No idea where in the pyramid these are but before County it was.
Ishtmian leaue North twice
Ishtmian Premier.
Finally Essex Senior league where he got 26 goals from hence signing for us.
Failed to make grade at grays and Thurrock. I guess I assumed they were conference. If they are lower then that is a worry.

It was right to take the gamble and sign him, but the 2 year deal was the issue. Cheltenham got Eisa on a years deal and quickly negotiated a 3 year deal when it was clear he was more than good enough for League Two. Probably the sensible approach with signings from non-league. Shame it didn't work out.

Cornish Exile wrote:Samuels' record at Stevenage:- 8 starts, 14 on bench 0 goals.

Not very impressive.
On that basis no one would have signed Christian jolley based on his performances. 12 months ago Samuel was the club’s player of the year. If he’s cheap I don’t see why this wouldn’t be a good signing.

At our level we possibly need to be looking for someone who has been highly rated in the past but perhaps has lost their way and would be available fairly cheap Alex Samuel may fit that bill, Tommy Sullivan is another and even David Tutonda could be another (relegated with Barnet and they'll be looking to ease the wage bill).

But perhaps we should look also at what we've got and haven't used - Barnum Bobb springs to mind.

would release hayes and Jackson and see what akinde would cost now barnet released him,amond nouble wouldn't be a bad front 3 to start next season with,dont know why rhys healey dropped as low to be on loan at torquay possibly due to his injury and never got back to the level he was but would be worth a punt if cheap enough

The NCFC Hippy wrote:I'm with Somerton on this one - non league is where we need to look. Jolley failed but what about Washington who came from leagues below? Eisa this season at Cheltenham will go even higher and came from Greenwich - no poont gettiing journeymen lower level players - better off getting a forward with goal scoring record from lower divisions , hungry with something to prove -
Very few come through this way Hippy...

Lamar Reynolds
Rhys Griffiths
Tom Meechan

I would have liked to have signed Danny Newton who I rate.