Re: Transfer targets

excessbee wrote:There seems to be a fixation on players who have had a brief loan spell at the club. That won't be the answer to improving the team.
I agree. Although I would add that there seems also to be a fixation on naming every single player in the entire country who becomes available. As in........

I see Fleetwood have released Moroccan international Yubin Add. Always seemed decent when I have seen him.

phil crump wrote:would release hayes and Jackson and see what akinde would cost now barnet released him,amond nouble wouldn't be a bad front 3 to start next season with,dont know why rhys healey dropped as low to be on loan at torquay possibly due to his injury and never got back to the level he was but would be worth a punt if cheap enough

Barnet haven't released Akindehave they? I thought they have made him available for transfer, put him up for sale.

Exile 1976 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:People suggest Tutonda but wouldn't he and our Player of the Year be competing for one shirt?

Balls to Tutonda, he almost got relegated with us, then got relegated with York and then this year with Barnet...the man's a jinx..
Don’t get looking at Joss Labadie’s record. Although, these days he’s more of a talisman than a jinx.

Exile 1976 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:People suggest Tutonda but wouldn't he and our Player of the Year be competing for one shirt?

Balls to Tutonda, he almost got relegated with us, then got relegated with York and then this year with Barnet...the man's a jinx..
He was also crap!

Bush wrote:He also said York was a massive club compared to us and he was glad to join them. I literally don’t remember anything decent he done for us. So many better options out there.

He did indeed then wondered on Twitter why he got booed when he played against us. I wouldn't want him back tbh with you, there's gotta be better players out there available in our range.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:He also said York was a massive club compared to us and he was glad to join them. I literally don’t remember anything decent he done for us. So many better options out there.

He did indeed then wondered on Twitter why he got booed when he played against us. I wouldn't want him back tbh with you, there's gotta be better players out there available in our range.
I did think he burned his bridges with regard to that interview before the York City game and then, to add insult to injury, celebrated like he’d won the FA Cup when he scored against us.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

I did think he burned his bridges with regard to that interview before the York City game and then, to add insult to injury, celebrated like he’d won the FA Cup when he scored against us.
And yet there are people saying they would sign tutonda but not Samuel because of him turning us down!

I am amazed with this bring back ex players - in recent years we have escaped regulation by a whisker with the rubbish some now want back in the team squad. Few have gone on to better things after been released a couple transferred out or who have let their contracts run out have but none of these are unwanted by their current clubs - funny that!

County ranger wrote:I am amazed with this bring back ex players - in recent years we have escaped regulation by a whisker with the rubbish some now want back in the team squad. Few have gone on to better things after been released a couple transferred out or who have let their contracts run out have but none of these are unwanted by their current clubs - funny that!
The likes of Boden, Elito and Samuel who were offered contracts thought the grass was greener. They weren't the only ones.