SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

ComeOnCounty

Posts

1924

Location

Trinant

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby ComeOnCounty » April 9th, 2018, 7:07 pm

Reserved or unreserved, it's still a physical seat that cannot be sold in case that person decided last minute to turn up, effectively reducing the amount of available tickets on the off chance that that person chose that game to go to
User avatar
User

Kairdiff Exile

Posts

448

Location

Our proud capital...

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby Kairdiff Exile » April 9th, 2018, 7:18 pm

ComeOnCounty wrote:Reserved or unreserved, it's still a physical seat that cannot be sold in case that person decided last minute to turn up, effectively reducing the amount of available tickets on the off chance that that person chose that game to go to

I think you've misunderstoof what NGR and I were proposing (or we've explained it badly). The Super 12 doesn't guarantee you a specific seat. What it guarantees is a seat at a cheaper rate if you decide you want to go to the game.

You'd get - say - a booklet of 12 vouchers entitling you to a ticket for - say - £15 (let's not worry about the exact figures for now). Each voucher is not a ticket in itself. What you have to do is go to the ticket office on matchday and exchange a voucher (or, if you're doing it over phone/web, have one voucher's barcode used up) for a match ticket in a seat that you choose at the time of exchange. So no seat is reserved for you until you actually swap the voucher for a match ticket.

You aren't getting a designated seat when you buy your book of vouchers - you're simply committing to go to X number of games over the course of a season at a reduced rate. There may well be holes in such a system, but the "reserved seat" misnomer isn't one of them.

One other thought - you'd probably need to have some sort of photo ID protection so the S12 voucher could only be redeemed by the person who bought it, but that seems eminently possible to address.
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5370

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby newgroundrodney » April 12th, 2018, 1:44 pm

I have now received a confirmation email from Zebra, showing the amounts and dates of Direct Debit payments. The first one is 30th April for £57 then 9 months at £30.
I was chewing over the idea of a QPR season ticket this time around, but at £575 I can't really justify the cost against the number of games I can get to. I'd need to be at 18 games out of 23 to just break even on value. So effectively there'd be no "free games" unless I got to 19 games. To match the value for money offered by Newport County, I'd need to get to every single Rangers' home game, which of course would never happen! And any missed games at RP I just regard as gifts to the club anyway........although, at QPR they do what might be termed a "Rangers Super 6"..... 6 games of your choice, unreserved. No good to me though because I need certain seats at Loftus Rd due to my leg / back issues.

So another ST at Newport it is for me!... I wonder how many will take up the finance offer now that it's back?
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

916

Location

Newport

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby SULLY34 » April 12th, 2018, 2:14 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:I have now received a confirmation email from Zebra, showing the amounts and dates of Direct Debit payments. The first one is 30th April for £57 then 9 months at £30.
I was chewing over the idea of a QPR season ticket this time around, but at £575 I can't really justify the cost against the number of games I can get to. I'd need to be at 18 games out of 23 to just break even on value. So effectively there'd be no "free games" unless I got to 19 games. To match the value for money offered by Newport County, I'd need to get to every single Rangers' home game, which of course would never happen! And any missed games at RP I just regard as gifts to the club anyway........although, at QPR they do what might be termed a "Rangers Super 6"..... 6 games of your choice, unreserved. No good to me though because I need certain seats at Loftus Rd due to my leg / back issues.

So another ST at Newport it is for me!... I wonder how many will take up the finance offer now that it's back?

I think I'm going to go for it this year. I had endless problems retaining my ST seat last year. I hope ordering it through Zebra won't affect my seat ?
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5370

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby newgroundrodney » April 12th, 2018, 2:20 pm

SULLY34 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I have now received a confirmation email from Zebra, showing the amounts and dates of Direct Debit payments. The first one is 30th April for £57 then 9 months at £30.
I was chewing over the idea of a QPR season ticket this time around, but at £575 I can't really justify the cost against the number of games I can get to. I'd need to be at 18 games out of 23 to just break even on value. So effectively there'd be no "free games" unless I got to 19 games. To match the value for money offered by Newport County, I'd need to get to every single Rangers' home game, which of course would never happen! And any missed games at RP I just regard as gifts to the club anyway........although, at QPR they do what might be termed a "Rangers Super 6"..... 6 games of your choice, unreserved. No good to me though because I need certain seats at Loftus Rd due to my leg / back issues.

So another ST at Newport it is for me!... I wonder how many will take up the finance offer now that it's back?

I think I'm going to go for it this year. I had endless problems retaining my ST seat last year. I hope ordering it through Zebra won't affect my seat ?


I wouldn't think so, or at least hope not. The only reference Zebra asked for is the unique number on the reverse side of your card, the one that looks like "9814103"...or similar to that.
They asked no personal financial questions whatsoever. I found the signing a little unusual because I'd never used such a system before. Keep an eye on your emails regularly in case of anything they need to send you and you should be fine.
Including the added admin fee, my ST works out at £14.22 per game.....brilliant! :cheers: :grin:
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

916

Location

Newport

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby SULLY34 » April 12th, 2018, 2:33 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I have now received a confirmation email from Zebra, showing the amounts and dates of Direct Debit payments. The first one is 30th April for £57 then 9 months at £30.
I was chewing over the idea of a QPR season ticket this time around, but at £575 I can't really justify the cost against the number of games I can get to. I'd need to be at 18 games out of 23 to just break even on value. So effectively there'd be no "free games" unless I got to 19 games. To match the value for money offered by Newport County, I'd need to get to every single Rangers' home game, which of course would never happen! And any missed games at RP I just regard as gifts to the club anyway........although, at QPR they do what might be termed a "Rangers Super 6"..... 6 games of your choice, unreserved. No good to me though because I need certain seats at Loftus Rd due to my leg / back issues.

So another ST at Newport it is for me!... I wonder how many will take up the finance offer now that it's back?

I think I'm going to go for it this year. I had endless problems retaining my ST seat last year. I hope ordering it through Zebra won't affect my seat ?


I wouldn't think so, or at least hope not. The only reference Zebra asked for is the unique number on the reverse side of your card, the one that looks like "9814103"...or similar to that.
They asked no personal financial questions whatsoever. I found the signing a little unusual because I'd never used such a system before. Keep an eye on your emails regularly in case of anything they need to send you and you should be fine.
Including the added admin fee, my ST works out at £14.22 per game.....brilliant! :cheers: :grin:

Thanks. I think it works out to about £1.20 per game extra than if I paid it in one lump sum. Can't argue with that. :)
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: allontheamber, butlinsamber, daftasfxxx, Exile 1976, RiscaRascal and 83 guests

Powered by phpBB ®