SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5370

Location

Cardiff, UK

SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby newgroundrodney » April 9th, 2018, 1:53 pm

After complaining for so long about no Direct Debit availability, I feel almost honour-bound to use their service.
Because I'm renewing, it's just £300 + £27 admin fee....so that's £14.22 per game.... I can live with that, especially since I'm not forking it out in one go (although I could if I chose to) but the club get ALL the £300 up front...

The application was easy enough, but for a non computer wizard like me, I did find the whole signing the contract a bit fiddly, but I think I managed to sign it with my mouse, because it said "completed" with a tick...so I assume it's done.
I printed off the 10 pages of information for my own benefit, also to be able to answer any questions raised on here.

The repayments are:
1 x £57.00 + 9 x £30.00.....total £327
I think it's £50 more for FIRST TIME / NEW applications.....£50 cheaper for RENEWALS, so loyalty being rewarded, something else I've been banging on about.

The monthly commitment won't suit everyone of course, but for those who can't pay up front it's maybe an ideal option.

One thing to be aware of, is that they never asked ANY financial questions at all, your wages, your outgoings, current credit outstanding or anything like that.
In the "tenancy / home ownership" section, there was no option for " Council Tenant".....so I just clicked the nearest: "Housing Association Tenant"....

So there you go, horses for courses as they say, but at least it's available again to those who might need it.
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

16550

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 9th, 2018, 2:24 pm

I've got offer on my credit card 6 months interest free so will be using that
User avatar
User

Kairdiff Exile

Posts

448

Location

Our proud capital...

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby Kairdiff Exile » April 9th, 2018, 3:12 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:I've got offer on my credit card 6 months interest free so will be using that

Yup, do this if you can. Very easy to get a credit card offering no interest on purchases for 6-12 months (I got one offering 2½ years not so long ago!), and then just pay it off before the interest-free period ends. Why anyone would pay over-the-odds to a bunch of moneylenders, I have no idea.

Mind you, I've not had a season ticket since the Spytty Park days, as I can't justify the overall cost. As it stands, I attend 6-10 games a season; if I had a ST then I'd expect to attend double that, but family and other commitments mean it wouldn't be many more. At £350 for a ST in the Hazell seats, that's just too expensive. I've often thought that a 'two-thirds' ST where you can pick and choose X-many games subject to availability but you still get a decent reduction and a place in the pecking order for cup games would be worth considering. Don't know whether it'd stack up though.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

8946

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 9th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I've got offer on my credit card 6 months interest free so will be using that

Yup, do this if you can. Very easy to get a credit card offering no interest on purchases for 6-12 months (I got one offering 2½ years not so long ago!), and then just pay it off before the interest-free period ends. Why anyone would pay over-the-odds to a bunch of moneylenders, I have no idea.

Mind you, I've not had a season ticket since the Spytty Park days, as I can't justify the overall cost. As it stands, I attend 6-10 games a season; if I had a ST then I'd expect to attend double that, but family and other commitments mean it wouldn't be many more. At £350 for a ST in the Hazell seats, that's just too expensive. I've often thought that a 'two-thirds' ST where you can pick and choose X-many games subject to availability but you still get a decent reduction and a place in the pecking order for cup games would be worth considering. Don't know whether it'd stack up though.


Agree entirely. The wlorld has changed and very few people will be able to attend all games. For me 'mini-tickets' are the answer. I seem to recall back in the late 1960's County sold three match tickets, it may have been five match. I think whilst there are ultras who will make what is in effect a donation to the club, we need to look at capturing the vast bulk of supporters who are perhaps less fanatical than the majority of this board.
User avatar
User

Kairdiff Exile

Posts

448

Location

Our proud capital...

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby Kairdiff Exile » April 9th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Agree entirely. The wlorld has changed and very few people will be able to attend all games. For me 'mini-tickets' are the answer. I seem to recall back in the late 1960's County sold three match tickets, it may have been five match. I think whilst there are ultras who will make what is in effect a donation to the club, we need to look at capturing the vast bulk of supporters who are perhaps less fanatical than the majority of this board.

Quite so, old thing. I've said it plenty of times before - most people are neither "die-hards" who attend every game, nor "day-trippers" who only attend matches like Spurs at home. Most Newport fans probably attend around half a dozen games a season - and if we're sensible, we'll focus all our efforts on trying to get those individuals to attend 10-12 and to bring a friend or family member with them when they do.

Much good work has been done in that regard (the matchday marquee thing being one particularly good initiative), but ticketing remains an area where we really let ourselves down.
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5370

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby newgroundrodney » April 9th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Agree entirely. The wlorld has changed and very few people will be able to attend all games. For me 'mini-tickets' are the answer. I seem to recall back in the late 1960's County sold three match tickets, it may have been five match. I think whilst there are ultras who will make what is in effect a donation to the club, we need to look at capturing the vast bulk of supporters who are perhaps less fanatical than the majority of this board.

Quite so, old thing. I've said it plenty of times before - most people are neither "die-hards" who attend every game, nor "day-trippers" who only attend matches like Spurs at home. Most Newport fans probably attend around half a dozen games a season - and if we're sensible, we'll focus all our efforts on trying to get those individuals to attend 10-12 and to bring a friend or family member with them when they do.

Much good work has been done in that regard (the matchday marquee thing being once particularly good initiative), but ticketing remains an area where we really let ourselves down.


Something like a 'County Super 12' ticket for £195.... any twelve games of your choice, unused games carry over to next year.
Twelve games gets some money off you to lock you in, but not the price of a full on ticket. Not the same thing as a half season ticket, cos the 'Super 12' allows an element of choice, with no lost games for your money.
User avatar
User

Kairdiff Exile

Posts

448

Location

Our proud capital...

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby Kairdiff Exile » April 9th, 2018, 3:35 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:Something like a 'County Super 12' ticket for £195.... any twelve games of your choice, unused games carry over to next year.
Twelve games gets some money off you to lock you in, but not the price of a full on ticket. Not the same thing as a half season ticket, cos the 'Super 12' allows an element of choice, with no lost games for your money.

Yeah, exactly that (and around that price point as well). £200 up front seems a reasonable amount, and I'd make the effort to attend the games (albeit probably attending slightly fewer away games as a result). But it's more than that, because I'd probably get two tickets and bring either my son or a friend along, thus creating an extra County fan into the bargain, spending a bit more on food / drink / merchandise as well...
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5370

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby newgroundrodney » April 9th, 2018, 3:40 pm

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Something like a 'County Super 12' ticket for £195.... any twelve games of your choice, unused games carry over to next year.
Twelve games gets some money off you to lock you in, but not the price of a full on ticket. Not the same thing as a half season ticket, cos the 'Super 12' allows an element of choice, with no lost games for your money.

Yeah, exactly that (and around that price point as well). £200 up front seems a reasonable amount, and I'd make the effort to attend the games (albeit probably attending slightly fewer away games as a result). But it's more than that, because I'd probably get two tickets and bring either my son or a friend along, thus creating an extra County fan into the bargain, spending a bit more on food / drink / merchandise as well...


..... yep, then once it expires, you renew or simply revert to pay on the day. The club would have little drops of revenue throughout the season as people renewed their tickets at different times. Pay for twelve, watch twelve...no games lost.
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

16550

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 9th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Only thing with your s12 idea is it could only work on Terrace unless you specifically say what games your going to
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5370

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby newgroundrodney » April 9th, 2018, 3:43 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Only thing with your s12 idea is it could only work on Terrace unless you specifically say what games your going to


No Jim, it would be UNRESERVED seating.
User avatar
User

Kairdiff Exile

Posts

448

Location

Our proud capital...

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby Kairdiff Exile » April 9th, 2018, 3:47 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Only thing with your s12 idea is it could only work on Terrace unless you specifically say what games your going to

I think it could work for seats as well. You don't get a seat "reserved"; you still have to go the ticket office on the day to get an allocated seat ticket or whatever (and have one game ticked off your S12 ticket). In reality, the seating areas are rarely over-subscribed so you can usually find a spot roughly where you want. As for big games where demand exceeds supply, these are usually deemed all-ticket long in advance anyway, and you'd get second priority behind full ST holders so could choose your seats then.
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5370

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby newgroundrodney » April 9th, 2018, 3:48 pm

If you wanted a dedicated, reserved seat, you'd have to buy the full season ticket....carrot & stick..
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5288

Location

Sheffield

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby Amberexile » April 9th, 2018, 3:51 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Something like a 'County Super 12' ticket for £195.... any twelve games of your choice, unused games carry over to next year.
Twelve games gets some money off you to lock you in, but not the price of a full on ticket. Not the same thing as a half season ticket, cos the 'Super 12' allows an element of choice, with no lost games for your money.

Yeah, exactly that (and around that price point as well). £200 up front seems a reasonable amount, and I'd make the effort to attend the games (albeit probably attending slightly fewer away games as a result). But it's more than that, because I'd probably get two tickets and bring either my son or a friend along, thus creating an extra County fan into the bargain, spending a bit more on food / drink / merchandise as well...


..... yep, then once it expires, you renew or simply revert to pay on the day. The club would have little drops of revenue throughout the season as people renewed their tickets at different times. Pay for twelve, watch twelve...no games lost.


Whether this kind of idea would work or not I don't know. I'm sure there are lots of aspects to be taken into consideration. However, I do think it is just the kind of thing that we should be discussing at open meetings. To avoid a free for all, if a section of the meeting was set aside for a particular topic each time and suggestions/points for debate were collected in advance to give the club a chance to evaluate I think the attendees would feel more closely involved.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1638

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby whoareya » April 9th, 2018, 5:27 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Only thing with your s12 idea is it could only work on Terrace unless you specifically say what games your going to


No Jim, it would be UNRESERVED seating.


So if you sold, say 500 of these Super 12 seats, the club would have to keep 500 unreserved seats back every game, in case all 500 turned up for the some or all of the same 12 game(s).
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5370

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: SEASON TICKETS - Zebra Finance - who's using it?

Postby newgroundrodney » April 9th, 2018, 5:32 pm

whoareya wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Only thing with your s12 idea is it could only work on Terrace unless you specifically say what games your going to


No Jim, it would be UNRESERVED seating.


So if you sold, say 500 of these Super 12 seats, the club would have to keep 500 unreserved seats back every game, in case all 500 turned up for the some or all of the same 12 game(s).


No, because it's unreserved. Once a match is sold out (if ever) then that's it....if a fan wants a guaranteed seat every game, then they need to buy a full season ticket....carrot & stick.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bush, County ranger, robaldo, worksop amber and 68 guests

Powered by phpBB ®