Re: Tonight's games

newgroundrodney wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
ref23 wrote:At least 4 of those games we conceded fairly late goals, whilst sitting back trying to manage the game out to a conclusion. That's something we need to stop doing next season.
I agree. I haven't checked but the number of points gained from losing positions seems far lower than the number of points dropped from winning positions.

Edit.

I should add that clearly a late equalizer only garners one point whilst a late equalizer for the opposition loses two points. Nonetheless we seem to get mugged more often than we mug other teams.
Worthy of note, is that in the 53 league games so far under Mike Flynn, we have a goal difference of (-4)..... we've collected 49.68% of the points available to us. So we're not dropping points left, right & centre, but we're not killing teams off either.
I don't think that is what Brendan is getting at. It would be interesting to know how many points we have dropped late in games during the first half of this season compared to the second half of the season. The impression I got early in the season was that Flynn lacked the experience to be able to react when the opposition changed tactics/formation through substitutes often at half time. The impression I get now is that he is learning and improving in this area and even making proactive changes of his own as well now. When he gets those changes working more often than not, we could be a force to be reckoned with :wink: