Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

newgroundrodney wrote:ALAN G BRYANT : I won't quote the entirety of your post, but you say our crowds are "2500/3000" ....that's not at all accurate. Our average gate just for HOME fans is higher than your highest figure, then add to that the approximately 320 average AWAY fans and our attendances are around 25% up on the middle of the range you quote.
Last season the average number of County fans at home games, IIRC, was 2531....this season that figure is closer to 3100 , an increase in the order of 23% or so....
Many of our gates this year are UP on the corresponding game against the same opponents last year.....
Season Ticket sales up.... gates up... we are actually about two games AHEAD of last season, in as much as, it took two games longer last year to achieve the same total as this year so far....

I'm not sure why you think we have "dwindling attendances".....that's one thing we DON'T have.
NGR mr Bryant is correct in that we did have dwindling crowds during the season/period that the loss is reported for.if we don’t post a serious profit this season/period then that is a completely different matter.1 question that must be difficult for any board to budget for is how to factor in that you have to pay contracted players for 3 months with no guaranteed income stream many people come up with lots of ideas during the season but surely this is the period most damaging to a clubs profit margin

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote: The Marquee never has loads in, it just LOOKS packed.
Perhaps if you could hear yourself think above the INCREDIBLY LOUD MUSIC in there, they might get a few more punters and they might stay longer. I’d happily drink there, and I actually like the music they play - but if I can’t chat to my mates easily, I’ll go to the pub instead. I can’t fathom why the powers that be haven’t turned the ruddy volume down by now.

Your sounding like an old man now!! Next you will be saying they dont make music like they used to and all they do these days is shout they dont sing anymore :grin:
That's me Jim! Took a few mates in there a few weeks ago (their first time) and they were not impressed at all. We went straight outside. As for the toilets.........well, they don't make them like they used to.

rncfc wrote:Bush hit the nail on the head. A SUPPORTERS OWNED CLUB cannot sustain losses like that. If we continue with the current model then fans have to accept that, sooner or later, our time will come. If football clubs were run like normal businesses then it could work, but for as long as they’re run like as play things for entrepreneurs we will stand little chance in the long run.
Worryingly for me is if Alan Bryant is someone linked to the board then we have a board who potentially think 350k losses is fine because other clubs do it! Crazy way of operating. Let’s not forget no one on the trust board is financially responsible for that debt. If the sh!t hits the fan they will just leave the board.

Bush wrote:
rncfc wrote:Bush hit the nail on the head. A SUPPORTERS OWNED CLUB cannot sustain losses like that. If we continue with the current model then fans have to accept that, sooner or later, our time will come. If football clubs were run like normal businesses then it could work, but for as long as they’re run like as play things for entrepreneurs we will stand little chance in the long run.
Worryingly for me is if Alan Bryant is someone linked to the board then we have a board who potentially think 350k losses is fine because other clubs do it! Crazy way of operating. Let’s not forget no one on the trust board is financially responsible for that debt. If the sh!t hits the fan they will just leave the board.

What debt are you on about?

newgroundrodney wrote:ALAN G BRYANT : I won't quote the entirety of your post, but you say our crowds are "2500/3000" ....that's not at all accurate. Our average gate just for HOME fans is higher than your highest figure, then add to that the approximately 320 average AWAY fans and our attendances are around 25% up on the middle of the range you quote.
Last season the average number of County fans at home games, IIRC, was 2531....this season that figure is closer to 3100 , an increase in the order of 23% or so....
Many of our gates this year are UP on the corresponding game against the same opponents last year.....
Season Ticket sales up.... gates up... we are actually about two games AHEAD of last season, in as much as, it took two games longer last year to achieve the same total as this year so far....

I'm not sure why you think we have "dwindling attendances".....that's one thing we DON'T have.

The thread is about last years losses so I have based the loose attendances on last year so it correlates with the topic. The crowds were dwindling until Flynn took the reigns. I must say I did not know there had been such a dramatic upturn in attendances though. The club must be doing some things right it would seem.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Bush wrote:

What debt are you on about?
Every debt.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Bush wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Don't know what the Westley pay off was.As you are in the know Bush,what did we pay to Dino,Feeney and McCarthy.Not forgetting Todd.
Do you think 350k went on everything you just said?

How much went on staff who took us to court? How much was due to an unrealistic budget that was set? How much was due to no player sale or a big cup run? Have we reached the point that this club doesn’t break even unless we get a huge player sale or a massive up run? If that’s the case touray and foulston need to play every game left of this season.

We will always be a club that needs atleast one player sale a year but surely that’s so we can reinvest in the squad not make us break even! Especially with the numbers we have been making. These numbers are closer to 1m than 100k.
Of course not,I just thought you could tell us the figures.As for breaking even,we get crowds of 2500 to 3000 if we are lucky with a player wage bill of £1m+,£300k+ for management and MF has just had a pay rise.£200k on operations team,£200k+ academy costs,£200k+ RP costs,how can we without selling players or cup runs.
Would that be the rough split between what can be spent on the playing budget, and what can be spent on other expenditure under the ffpr. I.E. roughly £1m playing and roughly £900k everything else?

I thought the only debt the club has is what is already owed to Les Scadding, but if Bush knows of other debts then perhaps he can enlighten us. I am also pretty certain that the directors did not take out any loans to cover the £350k loss, they probably just used the money that was already in the bank from the Washington transfer. Oddly enough, I think that when the following years accounts are released, we will probably find out that the Washington money has been more then replaced.

It is quite possible for a company to lose money some years and make profits in others. Reading this thread all I can conclude is that I have no real idea of the financial position of Newport County. However with the facts of the Cup run, the transfer fees received, and eight clubs in League Two having lower average attendances than County there seems to me to be no valid reason why we should be in any financial difficulties.

What would be nice to know is what our bank balance is standing at. What are our assets and what are our liabilities. Those facts would give a true picture. It would allow also those of us who are interested to make a proper judgement as to how those with charge of our club are doing.

Bush wrote:
what do you mean debt? You do know that the 350k loss doesn't mean there is any debt don't you? thought we only owed money to Les?

No one on that board is liable for any debt. Old, present or new debt. If we lose more than 350k next year how many will stick around? It still boils down to people are making decisions financially not with their money. This club is not debt free. How much do we owe the WRU for a start.

How much do we owe Hartlepool for amond? Is that not a debt?

What is the bank loan in the accounts? Is that not a debt?

Bankoverdraft is that not a debt?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:It is quite possible for a company to lose money some years and make profits in others. Reading this thread all I can conclude is that I have no real idea of the financial position of Newport County. However with the facts of the Cup run, the transfer fees received, and eight clubs in League Two having lower average attendances than County there seems to me to be no valid reason why we should be in any financial difficulties.

What would be nice to know is what our bank balance is standing at. What are our assets and what are our liabilities. Those facts would give a true picture. It would allow also those of us who are interested to make a proper judgement as to how those with charge of our club are doing.
Why not get on to your mole?

Bush wrote:No one on that board is liable for any debt. Old, present or new debt. If we lose more than 350k next year how many will stick around? It still boils down to people are making decisions financially not with their money. This club is not debt free. How much do we owe the WRU for a start.

I just looked at the accounts. I may have it wrong as am no accountant but do you mean the bank loan that was 93 grand in 2016 and now is 42 grand? Didn't we know about this when the trust boys took over and it was existing debt that is being reduced every month?

how do you know we owe Hartlepool for amond? also do you think the club is being run well at the moment in general?

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Bush wrote:No one on that board is liable for any debt. Old, present or new debt. If we lose more than 350k next year how many will stick around? It still boils down to people are making decisions financially not with their money. This club is not debt free. How much do we owe the WRU for a start.

I just looked at the accounts. I may have it wrong as am no accountant but do you mean the bank loan that was 93 grand in 2016 and now is 42 grand? Didn't we know about this when the trust boys took over and it was existing debt that is being reduced every month?

how do you know we owe Hartlepool for amond? also do you think the club is being run well at the moment in general?
A 350k loss in one year would suggest its not well run. I don’t think any trust run club at our size will ever be well run no. The proof is in the pudding and a year without extraordinary funds results in a loss that’s 3 times more than the amount of money that put this club under previously.

My guess is if you look at how much we bring in via the rewards and benefit scheme you will really see how much the fans of Newport county don’t want to be fan owned.