Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Percy plunkett wrote:Don't know what the Westley pay off was.As you are in the know Bush,what did we pay to Dino,Feeney and McCarthy.Not forgetting Todd.
Do you think 350k went on everything you just said?

How much went on staff who took us to court? How much was due to an unrealistic budget that was set? How much was due to no player sale or a big cup run? Have we reached the point that this club doesn’t break even unless we get a huge player sale or a massive up run? If that’s the case touray and foulston need to play every game left of this season.

We will always be a club that needs atleast one player sale a year but surely that’s so we can reinvest in the squad not make us break even! Especially with the numbers we have been making. These numbers are closer to 1m than 100k.

jollysuperstar wrote:
Amberexile wrote:From the club blog of the last open meeting -

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... live-blog/

Has the board put aside any of the money from the FA Cup Run?

We are setting up a separate bank account and the money is going into that separate bank account. We are trying to avoid what we've done in the past, especially last year, which is spend the money to stay in the league.

In the grand scheme of things, whilst the £700,000 is a lot of money, it's not actually enough to build a new stadium and we're never going to save up the money to do that. There are a lot of considerations in funding costs.
Amber where is the £700k coming from as it was stated a profit of well over £900K was made from the cup run?
If you go here - https://www.newport-county.co.uk/ifollow/video-archive/
and watch the Supporters Meeting Part 1 video, at 13 minutes 8 seconds in, Alex says "So profit circa seven hundred thousand pounds".
I'm not aware of anywhere else that the club has formally issued a figure.
Alex goes on to explain that the £700k was made up of 49% broadcast fees; 17% commercial; 16% prize money; 11% gate receipts; 7% crawley match.

where is £900k coming from?

Amberexile wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:
Amberexile wrote:From the club blog of the last open meeting -

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... live-blog/

Has the board put aside any of the money from the FA Cup Run?

We are setting up a separate bank account and the money is going into that separate bank account. We are trying to avoid what we've done in the past, especially last year, which is spend the money to stay in the league.

In the grand scheme of things, whilst the £700,000 is a lot of money, it's not actually enough to build a new stadium and we're never going to save up the money to do that. There are a lot of considerations in funding costs.
Amber where is the £700k coming from as it was stated a profit of well over £900K was made from the cup run?
If you go here - https://www.newport-county.co.uk/ifollow/video-archive/
and watch the Supporters Meeting Part 1 video, at 13 minutes 8 seconds in, Alex says "So profit circa seven hundred thousand pounds".
I'm not aware of anywhere else that the club has formally issued a figure.
Alex goes on to explain that the £700k was made up of 49% broadcast fees; 17% commercial; 16% prize money; 11% gate receipts; 7% crawley match.

where is £900k coming from?
I think £700k was even mentioned before the replay. Weeks prior to the replay and Evans transfer individual figures were banded about totalling approx £900k.

SULLY34 wrote:So previous year was a £300 k + profit, so overall a drop of nearly 700k in a year. Is that correct or me being stupid ?
hi. as I understand it if a company brings in a million and spends 700 grand they make a 300 grand profit.

If the next year the company brings in a million but spends 1.3million then it loses 300 grand that year but not in cash as it used the profit from the year before.

either way unless you are like Accrington with an owner pumping in a million a year then you are going to struggle. the trust model only works if people fund the shortfall. or you have rich people who are happy to lose a load of cash. not sure we have either

faerun exile wrote:Thought the co-opted directors would cover any shortfalls.
That’s pure fantasy I’m afraid. Wealthy co-opted directors should expect to receive something in return for any “investment”. The most obvious remuneration is shares really seeing as they’re always going to be worthless in reality.

Bush wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Don't know what the Westley pay off was.As you are in the know Bush,what did we pay to Dino,Feeney and McCarthy.Not forgetting Todd.
Do you think 350k went on everything you just said?

How much went on staff who took us to court? How much was due to an unrealistic budget that was set? How much was due to no player sale or a big cup run? Have we reached the point that this club doesn’t break even unless we get a huge player sale or a massive up run? If that’s the case touray and foulston need to play every game left of this season.

We will always be a club that needs atleast one player sale a year but surely that’s so we can reinvest in the squad not make us break even! Especially with the numbers we have been making. These numbers are closer to 1m than 100k.
Of course not,I just thought you could tell us the figures.As for breaking even,we get crowds of 2500 to 3000 if we are lucky with a player wage bill of £1m+,£300k+ for management and MF has just had a pay rise.£200k on operations team,£200k+ academy costs,£200k+ RP costs,how can we without selling players or cup runs.

As far as I can remember, apart from a few years in the mid 80's, County have always struggled financially..

We have always had to sell our best players, even having to sell Somerton Park to the Council, whilst public appeals for funds were commonplace. During these times, the club, on the whole was run by respected successful local businessmen.

Therefore, I fail to understand why the current situation should come as a surprise.

lowandhard wrote:When we moved to RP I can remember the club saying we needed crowds of 3,300 to break even. Anyone know our average so far this year.? If we are spending more than we earn then I know that’s not rare for a football club but for a fans- owned outfit, it’s a complete no-no.
Newgroundrodney will know. It can't be far off ??

Is it commonplace to fork out on so many unfair dismissals and out of court settlements? .

Is it commonplace to agree the best kit deal we could of got for the club and lose more than a few thousand on but still have another year to go on the deal ?

Is it commonplace to pay an agent a stupid amount ?

Is it stupid to arrange a pre-season trip to Portugal even though we're losing money at a worrying rate ?

Do the whole board agree on given new contracts to players (if they are asked by the way) . ?