Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Currently our average for FL games is, 3205 + 342 away ...... it would be nice to get to the stage whereby we had enough revenues to effectively run the club from HOME fans' money only, with away fans and cup games as a bonus, but obviously to do that would require a much larger home following from the people of Newport.....perhaps an extra 1000 regularly.

A few years ago we were given that entirely embarrassing nonsense that the County had 'cleared their historic debt'. In the event this simply meant that we had paid off old debt by new borrowing.

The fact now is that Newport County are the 16th best supported side in League Two. We have received large transfer fees for both academy graduates and Conor Washington. Furthermore we have had a very good Cup run.

I don't know whether we are now in debt or not. And nothing I have seen either tells me that we are in debt or clear of debt. I would hope the latter.

However NGR hits the nail on the head. The way for County to succeed is twofold. It is of course right that we are careful about how every penny is spent. However if we are going to compete we need to increase our revenue. Better revenue streams and bigger gates. That is the job for the board of directors. What I hope to see is the board actually engaging with the fan base. It is easy to blame the people of Newport for not attending. Easy and wrong. It is hard to engage with potential fans, to discover why they don't attend and then put in place the changes needed. Hard but right.

Very simple point where in the past we have done things wrong and now need to do things differently. I understand that the academy kits have now been delivered. That this should happen in April and not August of last year is very poor. However what is worse is that nobody seems to have apologized. And I mean gone in the Argus, said exactly what happened and why, and made a fulsome apology.

As the two most high profile board members I would hope either Gavin Foxall or Kevin Ward would simply come out and apologize to hard pressed parents who have been treated abysmally. To do so would no doubt mean our club would be forgiven and indeed might encourage those people affected to remain loyal to our club. To fail to do so would probably mean that a host of potential fans are lost.

Then again what would I know? :grin:

Sitting in the Hazell Stand for the past few home games, it is very apparent that we are trying to engage the next generation of fans. I guess the community team is responsible for this, and I really hope they keep it up.

We invariably have around 5,000 free spaces in the ground for most home games. If these can be filled up with school kids and parents for a fiver/tenner/whatever then carry on going for it. No idea if this is what's going on, but there's definitely some sort of community engagement (massively increased number of kids with their guardians/parents in blocks D and E).

rncfc wrote:Sitting in the Hazell Stand for the past few home games, it is very apparent that we are trying to engage the next generation of fans. I guess the community team is responsible for this, and I really hope they keep it up.

We invariably have around 5,000 free spaces in the ground for most home games. If these can be filled up with school kids and parents for a fiver/tenner/whatever then carry on going for it. No idea if this is what's going on, but there's definitely some sort of community engagement (massively increased number of kids with their guardians/parents in blocks D and E).
I agree.

What about all school children admitted free with a paying adult?

Is anyone really surprised we had a loss last season,Feeney Todd Westley and mammaria paid off hats well and Lawrence hired massive turn over off players and gates well below budget games called off late so cost off paying staff twice and possible away side costs.add costs of employment disputes it won’t take a genius to work out as to why we reached that figure. Now I’m no accountant but when it states operating loss or profit from June to June is that not purely in that period alone and not including any plus or minus fig for the previous period.so profit upto June 16 then loss upto June 17 means club over 2 seasons has a break even bank balance.as I see it now we should have a decent operating profit for year upto June 18 so if then we had a operating loss year after upto June 19 in theory clubs bank balance over 4 yrs is still break even.clubs at our level and size will always fluctuate seasons of profit and loss which is why selling players cup runs gate sizes will always be a clubs lifeline without investors our challenge will always be to have years of profit and to try to minimise losses in years that happens.this will always be difficult as us as fans will always want our club to get the best players possible to succeed on the pitch but that will never guarantee success or profitability.id would be worried if we had seasons such as this and still kept posting losses but throw in a few like last year and average out breaking even then until we do get serious investment as a fan owned club we’re holding our own for now

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:Sitting in the Hazell Stand for the past few home games, it is very apparent that we are trying to engage the next generation of fans. I guess the community team is responsible for this, and I really hope they keep it up.

I agree.

How much do we make out of family and children season tickets would it cost the Club

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I agree.

How much do we make out of family and children season tickets would it cost the Club
If they're only taking up seats which would otherwise be empty then it's not costing us anything really. Obviously you can't give freebies out forever but if we can get a few hundred of them hooked then it starts to become very worthwhile later down the line.