Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

350k spent on those players signed in jan last year? So o’brien, Mickey D, Craig Reid, williams, bird, pipe got 350k between them for 5months Work? That’s an average of 60k each?[/quote]

Yes and 650k for a similar number of players next season. Some are getting very well paid! We will end up with half a squad, youth players and loans again.

Thought when we played Plymouth in the f.a. cup last year that if we'd won and we played Liverpool we would have enough to keep us going for around 2 seasons ?

So this year we should be quids in having played Leeds and the 2 spurs games . Take into account, tv, hospitality, attendances, club shop , etc .

Let's wait and see I think fans will be in for quite a shock and not a pleasant one !!!

County#9 wrote:Thought when we played Plymouth in the f.a. cup last year that if we'd won and we played Liverpool we would have enough to keep us going for around 2 seasons ?

So this year we should be quids in having played Leeds and the 2 spurs games . Take into account, tv, hospitality, attendances, club shop , etc .

Let's wait and see I think fans will be in for quite a shock and not a pleasant one !!!
You know if Alan Bryant and jimmy exile come on here explaining where all the money could be gone you know the club doesn’t have much of the FA cup money left!

It's no real surprise, is it? Retaining football league status was priceless; if we'd have gone down we'd end up bust anyway and with no prospect of returning due to plastic pitch, etc.

The more obvious question to ask as far as I am concerned, is whether or not trust ownership is sustainable with our core fan base? The answer is very obvious to me, but I fear it will be too late by the time we admit it.

I accept that either way you will end up in the shit at some point in the future (because football clubs are not operated like normal businesses), but at least you have the prospect for some fun along the way.

It's obvious to me and surely the majority that trust ownership for our club in my opinon is very much not sustainable . The longer we bury our heads in the sand the more trouble we are going to be in and maybe unable to get outside investment .

Cue the people saying there isn't anybody interested in investing .
Last edited by County#9 on April 19th, 2018, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We told that trust model was to save the club , dont take a rocket scientist to see its not sustainable. Thought at the last meeting Shaun said 250 k loss dont quote me might be wrong so with the cup run gates being higher inflated hospitality for cup games and gate and sponsors , plus saving money on the new kit deal we sd have around 600 k sitting in our coffers ?? ,

Willthiswork wrote:
rncfc wrote:Retaining football league status was priceless; if we'd have gone down we'd end up bust anyway and with no prospect of returning due to plastic pitch, etc.
Agree with first bit but why a plastic pitch - would we have stayed at RP - also can you have rugby and football markings on a plastic pitch?
Well if we had left RP we definitely wouldn't have been coming back. Spytty would need a fortune to get it up to FL standard, and I can't see the fans would be able to raise the money for that.

600k I would have thought at least owlsabout. I mean this kit deal and the money the club charge for the academies plus their silver and gold packages on their kits They had to buy easy . Lee Evans sell on and Wales cap thrown in with that .

I mean if we can sell the red training gear for £10 and I think £5 I heard on tops we should be more than comfortable to be doing this .

Forgot to mention statement from club yesterday that all outstanding academy kit will be issued this week . At least this boat didn't hit any icebergs like the other four did previously !!!!!
Last edited by County#9 on April 19th, 2018, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

County#9 wrote:Thought when we played Plymouth in the f.a. cup last year that if we'd won and we played Liverpool we would have enough to keep us going for around 2 seasons ?

The minutes of the last Board meeting state that the club is looking into the ongoing viability of the Trust model.

I'm happy for investors to come in, provided they bought back all the community shares that people bought at the time.

whoareya wrote:

The minutes of the last Board meeting state that the club is looking into the ongoing viability of the Trust model.

I'm happy for investors to come in, provided they bought back all the community shares that people bought at the time.
Yep, that would make sense to me. I'm sure there would be a way of encouraging external involvement without risking us going to the wall. I'm guessing there's a way you could draft up a shareholders agreement which stipulates 3 of 5 board members need to be backed by the fans or something along those lines, but I'm no expert in that area.

I wd like to think we are looking for investors whoareya? We have enough board members now to share the load , we are told deal over RP and relationship with the WRU is the best its ever been , got more paid staff than ever , alex seems to be doing a good job , so as i mentioned earlier sd have a heathly bank balance come nx review