Exiles in £350k annual loss

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

Bush

Posts

7239

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby Bush » July 9th, 2018, 5:59 pm

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Bush wrote:I wouldn't listen to anything weird Jimmy says. I believe he is probably linked to the manager more than the board because no member of the board or anyone linked to it would be making public messages that everything is fine between them and the WRU.

It sounds like theres a lot going on behind the scenes that unfortunately will take time to sort and the club/board have to try to make other arrangements to make things work as smooth as possible right now.

I also don't believe we are locked out of the training ground which was what I actually said although weird jimmy would try and make out I did. I believe like with the ground there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that we simply cannot be privy to right now till there is something to announce.

I am staggered to read people say there is no issue with us and the WRU right now when even at the last meeting a board member publically stated there was!


When did I say everything is fine with the wRU?

Why are you making things up? Hang on I remembered that you are the guy who doesn’t know what his own employers do lol


So now it’s not all fine with the WRU?

I work in education fella. I have no idea what my employers do in regards to business’ in the town centre.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5738

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby George Street-Bridge » July 9th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Within the last month alone:

- A facile analogy between the complex commercial situation around RP and a resident private landlord taking in a tenant;

- Various stuff about Dave Boddy (who I don't know);

- The idea club secretary should be a volunteer role;

- FGR slashing their budget and the stadium plan in doubt;

- the EFL ban on three sports sharing a ground meaning what it says, not a fantasy about them really meaning three teams.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9623

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 9th, 2018, 6:28 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Within the last month alone:

- A facile analogy between the complex commercial situation around RP and a resident private landlord taking in a tenant;

- Various stuff about Dave Boddy (who I don't know);

- The idea club secretary should be a volunteer role;

- FGR slashing their budget and the stadium plan in doubt;

- the EFL ban on three sports sharing a ground meaning what it says, not a fantasy about them really meaning three teams.



George you are entitled to your view.

But when it comes to facile I rather think comparing a human being to a dog sniffing a turd takes some beating.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Posts

2987

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby excessbee » July 9th, 2018, 6:29 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
excessbee wrote:No hidden agenda on my part, I assure you.




your not allowed an opinion on here or you will be accused of having a hidden agenda......Haven't you read the small print ? :wink:


No idea what this is about. You've obviously got the wrong end of a non-existent stick.
no avatar
User

jollysuperstar

Posts

157

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby jollysuperstar » July 9th, 2018, 6:33 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Within the last month alone:

- A facile analogy between the complex commercial situation around RP and a resident private landlord taking in a tenant;

- Various stuff about Dave Boddy (who I don't know);

- The idea club secretary should be a volunteer role;

- FGR slashing their budget and the stadium plan in doubt;

- the EFL ban on three sports sharing a ground meaning what it says, not a fantasy about them really meaning three teams.

Thanks for the reply

Maybe sadly got no reason to get involved in those 5 subjects although I doubt if everyone contributing were talking in your words "bollocks"

Interesting you mention Dave Boddy who you say you do not know but still state others are talking bollocks relating to that chap.

Would of expected 5 more interesting points than those you give.

Each to their own of course.

The dog sniffer did let you down though unfortunately .
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5738

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby George Street-Bridge » July 9th, 2018, 6:51 pm

jollysuperstar wrote:
Interesting you mention Dave Boddy who you say you do not know but still state others are talking bollocks relating to that chap.


Huh? What's the connection between the first half of that sentence and the second?

The parish pump mentality here often assumes people are in cahoots, e.g. postcodegate. The bollocks was someone saying what a bad job he'd done because covering the pitch didn't in the end save a game already in jeopardy from being postponed, I suggested overseeing a successful transition to League football outweighed that.
User avatar
User

Bush

Posts

7239

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby Bush » July 9th, 2018, 7:00 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:
Interesting you mention Dave Boddy who you say you do not know but still state others are talking bollocks relating to that chap.


Huh? What's the connection between the first half of that sentence and the second?

The parish pump mentality here often assumes people are in cahoots, e.g. postcodegate. The bollocks was someone saying what a bad job he'd done because covering the pitch didn't in the end save a game already in jeopardy from being postponed, I suggested overseeing a successful transition to League football outweighed that.


Apparently a lovely guy but as with a lot of our CEO employments if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Apart from strikers I can’t think of another position in the club we should over pay to get quality.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1804

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby whoareya » July 9th, 2018, 7:04 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:
Interesting you mention Dave Boddy who you say you do not know but still state others are talking bollocks relating to that chap.


Huh? What's the connection between the first half of that sentence and the second?

The parish pump mentality here often assumes people are in cahoots, e.g. postcodegate. .



It's the League of Gentleman effect - a local club for local people.
Some, I'm sure, would prefer us to still be languishing in the non- league wasteland , but pally with the players and staff, all of them locals as well.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9623

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 9th, 2018, 7:06 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:
Interesting you mention Dave Boddy who you say you do not know but still state others are talking bollocks relating to that chap.


Huh? What's the connection between the first half of that sentence and the second?

The parish pump mentality here often assumes people are in cahoots, e.g. postcodegate. The bollocks was someone saying what a bad job he'd done because covering the pitch didn't in the end save a game already in jeopardy from being postponed, I suggested overseeing a successful transition to League football outweighed that.


Sorry George but it is a matter of fact that Dave Boddy was a business partner of Tim Harris and knew Phil Day.

It is also a fact he was fired.

Tell me George, would you like to take this opportunity to apologize for your dog sniffing a turd remark?
no avatar
User

The Newport

Posts

185

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby The Newport » July 9th, 2018, 7:33 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:
Interesting you mention Dave Boddy who you say you do not know but still state others are talking bollocks relating to that chap.


Huh? What's the connection between the first half of that sentence and the second?

The parish pump mentality here often assumes people are in cahoots, e.g. postcodegate. The bollocks was someone saying what a bad job he'd done because covering the pitch didn't in the end save a game already in jeopardy from being postponed, I suggested overseeing a successful transition to League football outweighed that.


Sorry George but it is a matter of fact that Dave Boddy was a business partner of Tim Harris and knew Phil Day.

It is also a fact he was fired.

Tell me George, would you like to take this opportunity to apologize for your dog sniffing a turd remark?


Do you think that there might've been some sort of conspiracy between Dave Boddy and other people to sabotage the pitch?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9623

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 9th, 2018, 7:39 pm

The Newport wrote:
Do you think that there might've been some sort of conspiracy between Dave Boddy and other people to sabotage the pitch?


No.

Dave Boddy was in my view not up to the job. But I have no reason to doubt, and to be clear I do not doubt, his integrity.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

2956

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby rncfc » July 9th, 2018, 7:44 pm

Can't wait for the season to start so people have something different to moan about.

Ps. Anyone know when the results of the survey are likely to be announced?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13748

Location

MT

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby Exile 1976 » July 9th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Boddy seems to be doing well as Chief Executive of Coventry City though.
no avatar
User

Newportonian

Posts

1490

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby Newportonian » July 9th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Can’t anybody see what’s going on ?
FONR (egg chasers) those that were opposed to the WRU take over seen it coming and are still adamant that the objective is for them and us to be ousted from RP and the Dragons to play their games around other grounds in the region, and before anybody says the other grounds aren’t up to scratch, the plan is to use the money generated by the sale and regeneration of the land that RP sits on to refurbish the other grounds around the region to enable them to stage the Dragons games.
They are and will twist and scheme within the boundaries of their contractual obligations to make it impossible for us to survive financially, and eventually forcing us and NRFC to breach our contracts/license to the point of financial ruin or that we have to walk away, The Earl of Goldcliff seem to think that the WRU don’t want any fingers of blame being pointed at them so will be very careful to push the boundaries to their full legal parameters by getting their lawyers to play upon any ambiguity within the wording of any agreements, bottom line is that the level of rugby NRFC play doesn’t really need a stadium, and “fook the soccer”

We are not behind with the rent !!!
We are no longer in to our overdraft !!!
We do owe Les and this is being serviced !!!
We are actually earning interest at the moment!!

We are being asked to pay towards things that should be the sole remit of the landlord.
we pay rent to use the facilities of RP that we need, so why should we pay towards the purchase of a new scrummaging machine that we will not benefit from, just because the WRU say it’s going to be a new part of the facilities of RP.
please don’t misunderstand, they don’t want to increase our rent because of the new facilities they actually want us to pay towards the purchase.

I’m reliably told by the Earl of Goldcliff this is just the beginning of the plan to oust both clubs.

Hold tight folks it’s gonna get bumpy
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5738

Re: Exiles in £350k annual loss

Postby George Street-Bridge » July 9th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote: Tell me George, would you like to take this opportunity to apologize for your dog sniffing a turd remark?


Far from it, I'd like to re-emphasise it. A big part of your shtick here is trying to sniff out and stoke animosity between posters, at a very basic level by painting people as being in one of two camps. Some of the dimmer bulbs fall for it.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Powered by phpBB ®