Re: Tom Owen-Evans

Bush wrote:More proof that a players stock is never higher than when he isn’t at the club anymore.
I'd have him in the team week in week out, people seem to have forgotten what a great impact he had at the end of last season and how well he played. Plus he's exactly the kind of player we should be developing.

SJG99 wrote:
Bush wrote:More proof that a players stock is never higher than when he isn’t at the club anymore.
I'd have him in the team week in week out, people seem to have forgotten what a great impact he had at the end of last season and how well he played. Plus he's exactly the kind of player we should be developing.

he doesnt fit into MF's tactics or style of play

neilcork68 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

he doesnt fit into MF's tactics or style of play
What exactly are MF's tactics?

Ado wrote:
Dogger wrote:Meh! Rightly or wrongly he will never get picked ahead of Willmott while MF is in charge. Sheehan is also better than the pair of them.
Give it a rest. It's getting really boring now.
Give what a rest? I’ve never said anything untoward about Tom before. He probably needed a loan move, but to a division higher than Truro. As for Sheehan, MF appears to be nursing him in readiness for next season. No problem with that. As for Willmott, if he’s a favourite of MF as some appear to think, no problem, every manager has them. Or do you not grasp how a discussion page works?

Dogger wrote:
Ado wrote:
Dogger wrote:Meh! Rightly or wrongly he will never get picked ahead of Willmott while MF is in charge. Sheehan is also better than the pair of them.
Give it a rest. It's getting really boring now.
Give what a rest? I’ve never said anything untoward about Tom before. He probably needed a loan move, but to a division higher than Truro. As for Sheehan, MF appears to be nursing him in readiness for next season. No problem with that. As for Willmott, if he’s a favourite of MF as some appear to think, no problem, every manager has them. Or do you not grasp how a discussion page works?
Which club(s) at National league level do you think would have been a better choice for Tom?

I believe MF sent Tom to the conference south to toughen him up a bit - some big, rough players in that league and the refs and linesmen let a lot go.

He'll certainly come back stronger if/when he survives the ordeal. It will be good for us because if he has a bad game when he comes back MF can always threaten that he'll send him back to the conference south if he doesn't start performing. :)