Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES @ BARNET

Along with a lot of people on this board, I have been a County fan for a very long time. One thing it teaches you is to expect the unexpected.

This time last year we were full of hope and eventually jubilation at what happened in the final weeks of the season. Whilst we have had an eventful season this time, it appears to be ending with a damp bloody squib. The reality of being a County fan. I think at this moment I would accept what we had in the mid sixties - consistent mediocrity.

players are on the beach flynny obviously cant motivate em. whats with all this bull players are playing for contracts for next year etc etc ffs hopefully the cup run money will allow him to replace at least half this team i just hope he has the nous and contacts to bring in the rigbt 4 or 5 not try out 15 with one year or even 2 year contracts. flynn is our manager for the next coupla years but i hope lennie sticks around cos hes still a bit wet behind the ears managerial wise especially regarding subs setting up teams adapting to other teams subs and tactics etc etc
cmon flynny sort em out lets go into next season with some momentum
ps thanks for keepin us up and takin the nervy ending out of this season Trev
just warchin tott v man u fair dos hflynny motivated the players for that one

PerthDave wrote:We've had a good season. Credit to Barnet etc. But today we were dire. Why ?

Rgds Dave
We had a great start to the season. The last fourteen games have yielded just twelve points. Three months in which perhaps Michael Flynn has been found out. Not disputing that he deserves the chance to show that he can learn. But the opening weeks of next season are going to be critical for him and us.

Jasper Bloom wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
PerthDave wrote:We've had a good season. Credit to Barnet etc. But today we were dire. Why ?

Rgds Dave
Maybe we were confused by the opposition turning up in black and amber.

Why don’t you go and throw yourself off lands end. You irritating little man.
What happened to your sense of humour?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Rgds Dave
We had a great start to the season. The last fourteen games have yielded just twelve points. Three months in which perhaps Michael Flynn has been found out. Not disputing that he deserves the chance to show that he can learn. But the opening weeks of next season are going to be critical for him and us.
I could have written this myself. Spot on.

Jasper Bloom wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:

Rgds Dave
Maybe we were confused by the opposition turning up in black and amber.

Why don’t you go and throw yourself off lands end. You irritating little man.
Flipping hell that's way out of order.
No need

Time to build for next season. Okay foulston next to Mickey D and tourey next to amond and let’s see if they can learn from those two experience players.

Send all the loan players back to their clubs. None will be here next season (maybe collins will so keep him involved) so we are not gaining anything from them playing right now.

If butler won’t sign a contract play jahaldo rest of the season and atleast have a look at what he’s like. At the moment we are just putting butler in the shop window for someone to pick him up on a free.

Put those whose contracts are up this summer and the club don’t want to renew on the bench to back up those who will be playing a part next season.

Season is dying a slow death but let’s atleast learn something from the remaining games.

Bush wrote:
Send all the loan players back to their clubs. None will be here next season (maybe collins will so keep him involved) so we are not gaining anything from them playing right now.
If signing Collins is to be indicative of the quality in next seasons squad, then we will definitely be in serious trouble. He was absolutely awful today, mind you he was in good company.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Bush wrote:
If signing Collins is to be indicative of the quality in next seasons squad, then we will definitely be in serious trouble. He was absolutely awful today, mind you he was in good company.
If 65% of next seasons playing budget has already been covered then I worry we won’t have the money to put together a squad good enough to challenge anyway. That 65% is not gonna include the potential contract offers to butler and labadie. There’s a lot of holes and a lack of budget room left.