Re: Really worried

countymadbel wrote:I'm getting really worried about next season,firstly will be looking at who flynny retains for next season. And who he signs.....need at least 6 better players but also we need to improve how we play feel like we are so predictable it's a joke at times. Don't get me wrong been a lot better especially first half of season,than last 2 years but like the manager said last season moment is so important and going into next season we are on relegation form. So it's a massive summer for us so over to you Mr Flynn hope your up to the task Up the port
I hope we completely re-assign the squad numbers of those who stay, and do like I said we should do last year, "have a squad of 25, including two kids made up to professional (which we have just done) and a maximum of 5 loans if needed. "
When you start getting squad numbers up in the 30s and god forbid, the 40s, it tells you just one thing: the wrong players were signed in the first place.
This close season is a chance to revamp, keeping the players we have to, but bring in new faces, THE RIGHT FACES FIRST TIME up to a squad of 25..... 1-17 for the main contenders......18 & 19 for the two kids..... 20-24 for loans .... and 25 for second choice GK,
That's it. A squad of 25.....if we see squad numbers 26 and upwards we know we've cocked up.....the higher the number, the bigger the **** up.
And above all, if we SIGN a player for crying out loud, let's try USING the player. I'm fed up of the number of passengers.

Many on this MB last year said a squad of 25 was TOO MANY........just look at how many were actually named on matchdays in total!

countymadbel wrote:We play like that next season with 6 better signings in summer, happy days.over to you Mike

There lies the problem...The players can raise their games against Spurs , Leeds , Coventry , Accrington, Luton etc but playing teams we should hope to win or draw against , they cant

neilcork68 wrote:
countymadbel wrote:We play like that next season with 6 better signings in summer, happy days.over to you Mike

There lies the problem...The players can raise their games against Spurs , Leeds , Coventry , Accrington, Luton etc but playing teams we should hope to win or draw against , they cant
I don't know what happened to Mike Flynn's record of never having lost two games in succession. He used to be able to keep their heads up. That Accrington game should have been the last of 3 wins on the bounce!

I hope we completely re-assign the squad numbers of those who stay, and do like I said we should do last year, "have a squad of 25, including two kids made up to professional (which we have just done) and a maximum of 5 loans if needed. "
When you start getting squad numbers up in the 30s and god forbid, the 40s, it tells you just one thing: the wrong players were signed in the first place.
This close season is a chance to revamp, keeping the players we have to, but bring in new faces, THE RIGHT FACES FIRST TIME up to a squad of 25..... 1-17 for the main contenders......18 & 19 for the two kids..... 20-24 for loans .... and 25 for second choice GK,
That's it. A squad of 25.....if we see squad numbers 26 and upwards we know we've cocked up.....the higher the number, the bigger the **** up.
And above all, if we SIGN a player for crying out loud, let's try USING the player. I'm fed up of the number of passengers.

Many on this MB last year said a squad of 25 was TOO MANY........just look at how many were actually named on matchdays in total![/quote]

Top post. Totally agree! Hope MF reads this!