Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles v Accrington Stanley

The Accrington attendance was 2181 home + 189 away.
The number of home fans was 31.9% down on the average up to that point.
The number of away fans was the 8th lowest this season, being 44.7% down on the average number of visiting fans up to that point.
For a long distance Tuesday night game during school term, in not very good weather, some may say that 189 was an OK effort.
I'm not sure if I'd agree with that in view of the status of the game for them......but then it IS a long way!
You can expect a mid-week game to be between 15-20% down in the normal course of events, and I can't speak for Accrington fans' reasons for not travelling, but as a percentage of their home gate, again, some would say they'd made a fairly good effort.

We had 1000 fewer County fans present to watch Accrington than Coventry........in hindsight, perhaps the Accrington game was ripe to have been made a "£5 special offer" game.

No comments on last nights game from me as due to the wife's health problems I couldn't attend....Only to say that I expected us to get a result...Not a win but a draw...if I am being honest

There lies the problem....why cant the team motivate themselves for the 'lesser games ' they should have a chance getting results from but have no problem raising their game for games they are the underdogs in.?That is one of MF's biggest problems he needs to solve.

neilcork68 wrote:No comments on last nights game from me as due to the wife's health problems I couldn't attend....Only to say that I expected us to get a result...Not a win but a draw...if I am being honest

There lies the problem....why cant the team motivate themselves for the 'lesser games ' they should have a chance getting results from but have no problem raising their game for games they are the underdogs in.?That is one of MF's biggest problems he needs to solve.

Maybe it's the teams we should be beating raising their games against us though.
In fairness we have beaten a few sides below us, it's typical League 2 stuff, anyone can beat anyone.
Only 6 sides have lost less games than us this season mind.
Most teams in this league are inconsistent.

Corpaboy wrote:
Bush wrote:189 fans from a team that could have won the championship tonight Is pathetic. It was their most important match of the season. You should be at every game now to say you were there when they won the league.
So ..... they have an average home gate of 1,800 and they have a rearranged game agiainst Newport County , on a Tuesday night , after the original game was called off for a waterlogged pitch .

They've already been promoted , and it's been pissing it down all day in Newport .

What do you expect FFS ??? :roll:
Id expect more than 189 fans turn up to watch their club win a championship.

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:No comments on last nights game from me as due to the wife's health problems I couldn't attend....Only to say that I expected us to get a result...Not a win but a draw...if I am being honest

Maybe it's the teams we should be beating raising their games against us though.
In fairness we have beaten a few sides below us, it's typical League 2 stuff, anyone can beat anyone.
Only 6 sides have lost less games than us this season mind.
Most teams in this league are inconsistent.

I can handle getting beat by any team that are a better team than us on the day , that's football but how many times have we seen our team not perform anywhere near the standard we know they can during these games...
On Saturday , I accept that Barnet are fighting for their Football League lives and played like it but by all accounts if MF had asked 11 of the fans who travelled to the game from Newport they would have put up more of a fight and shown more effort than the team did. Why is this so ?????